|Location||Mountain View, CA|
|Date Posted||August 9, 2019|
Job title: UX Designer
Location: Mountain View, CA
Duration: 12 Months
This UX Designer will be responsible for exploring and designing Google Maps AR features. They will be working closely with senior members of our cross-functional team to uncover new UX patterns, test ideas in prototype form, and bring a feature through the full product development cycle. This UX Designer must be skilled in UX, HCI, in addition to having experience with 3D, Unity, and designing for AR applications. On a daily basis they will be making lightweight prototypes using Unity or motion design software, documenting UX patterns, and working closely with engineering and product to bring the feature to users in Google Maps on mobile.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Investigating core user needs related to the new user journey we’re aiming to support.
- Making mocks and lightweight prototypes using Unity or motion design software to communicate and test ideas.
- Documenting UX patterns and working with the larger design and engineering teams to implement these in product.
- Please include the candidate’s portfolio. Examples of UX Design, augmented reality, lightweight prototyping.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in the field of UX design 2+ years experience working in design for augmented reality (preferred) or virtual reality.
- Skills: Interaction design, HCI, lightweight prototyping Tools: Sketch, Unity, 3D software Education: At least Bachelor's degree in design, HCI, computer science, or a related field.
- AfterEffects Cinema 4D Maya