|Date Posted||December 9, 2019|
Indianapolis is looking for creative senior software engineers to support efforts associated with Department of Defense systems. Successful candidates will drive and assist efforts to grow virtual reality and display capabilities within existing and new products as we provide our warfighters with ever more immersive, realistic, and supportive user experiences. Our teams consist of talented individuals working in collaborative, cross-functional situations.
The senior software engineer is experienced with virtual reality and simulation software development, networking, and release. The successful candidate uses and provides creative solutions to complex technical system and software integration problems using DevOps/Agile process and tools in a team environment. The candidate, as part of a software development team, will work closely with Systems Engineers to design ideal solutions with end user and operational needs in mind. The senior software engineer will work to employ best practice software tools and processes throughout the software development lifecycle.
* Serve as software technical lead and perform architecture, design, code implementation, integration, test and documentation in both legacy and new product areas to include virtual reality, 3D, and 2D systems
* Lead assigned software teams technical evolution to include mentoring other developers in new or unfamiliar and challenging concepts
* Help team leaders establish project plans and schedules, identify resource requirements, and drive/monitor team progress
* Serve as liaison to functional users of supported systems. Demonstrate ability to communicate with users to extract and define needs
* Present work to diverse audiences including technical and nontechnical and demonstrate willingness to assist team and business leads in strategic planning for new capabilities
* 5-10+ years experience with virtual reality/simulation software development including experience with Unreal Engine
* Ability to understand and apply 2D and 3D mathematical concepts as they relate to common 3D graphics principles and rendering algorithms
* Familiarity with automated testing systems, game patching systems and product deployment
* 8 -10+ years experience designing and developing C++ or C# applications in Windows and/or Linux environments
* Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD) skills
* Experience with agile software development
* Strong oral and written communication skills; able to work closely in a multi-discipline team on a daily basis
Desired Skills depending on project and position:
* Experience with Department of Defense systems such V-22 or other aircraft and ground platforms or similar civilian platforms
* Experience and knowledge related to one or more specific technologies or domains:
o Mission planning
o Situational Awareness
o Mapping tools
o Training systems
* Experience with requirements and use case analysis
* Experience with scripting (Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.)
* Experience with agile (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, SAFe, eXtreme Programming, etc)
* Experience and/or knowledge with DevOps and Continuous Integration
* Experience and/or knowledge with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Android Studio, Eclipse, MS Visual Studio, and Team Foundation Server, Jira
* Experience with Automated Testing and Automated Test Frameworks (ex: Ranorex, Cucumber/Gherkin)
* Experience developing software in a team environment
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.