|Location||High Point, NC|
|Date Posted||August 9, 2019|
Logistics done differently.
Are you looking for a chance to build your career with a rapidly expanding global company? Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune and one of America’s best employers by Forbes. As the Senior Learning and Development Program Manager, you will work across the various business units in North America to drive new hire hourly training and development programs to meet the unique needs of each site. Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll help you develop a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Oversee and manage the vendor selection process to initially create and implement the program
- Ensure vendor adherence to project plans, quality targets and Subject Matter Expert (SME) engagement
- Manage the Supply Chain side of the initial buildout of the JumpStart program, including identifying and managing stakeholders, scheduling project milestones, gathering requirements, performing analyses, providing input and reviewing/approving schedules
- Perform risk and issue identification and mitigation, budget management and other project/program management duties as needed
- Field test the program at a variety of sites, considering verticals, warehouse type (customer or leased), size and location
- Lead internal business subject matter experts, HR and learning and development resources in the continuous improvement and updating of the program
- Coordinate stakeholders and resources to update, localize and create new functional and HR-specific training
- Research, test and partner to implement forward-looking technologies to improve workforce performance in the field, e.g., augmented reality, virtual reality, contextual help, etc.
- Periodically facilitate Corporate JumpStart training for Supply Chain
- Report to management on the program’s effectiveness against business and HR goals
- Champion the program by marketing it, presenting it to local site management and reviewing it with the Executive Leadership team
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Learning and Development, Business or a related field
- 7 years of experience in the development, production and/or delivery of training, preferably in a corporate environment
- Recent, direct experience with the latest, most effective learning technologies, program designs and virtual, mobile and digital learning platforms, including experience in deploying augmented reality and contextual learning
- Demonstrated track record of introducing and driving innovative programs that lead to tangible and measurable results
- Knowledge of learning principles and methods for designing training programs and curricula, instructing individuals and groups, delivering media-based learning and measuring training effectiveness
- Fundamental experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS); effective use of and experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Professional
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, IO Psychology or Human Resources
- Project management or Learning and Development (L&D) certifications
- Availability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience with Cornerstone LMS
- Sales training or consulting experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to motivate change and get results in a very large, dispersed organization
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.