|Date Posted||June 8, 2020|
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Public Trust: NACLC (T3)
Requisition Type: Regular
Sailor 2025 is a program focused on three core pillars – Personnel System Modernization; Ready Relevant Learning (RRL); and Career Readiness. The second pillar Ready, Relevant Learning (RRL) deals primarily with doing away with the old way of brick and mortar schoolhouses, or industrial age training, and replacing the curriculum with career-long learning continuums where training is delivered by modern methods to enable faster learning, better knowledge retention, and delivery at the right time and in the right way for our Sailors. This job opportunity's objective is the creation and delivery of products in support of the Sailor 2025 (S2025) Ready Relevant Learning (RRL) Content Conversion Wave 1 effort.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design and develop instructional approaches and/or strategies to meet training requirements and performs task lead roles.
- Conduct analysis of training requirements and media requirements.
- Develop appropriate learning objectives and test methods and designs instructionally valid training materials.
- Ensures integrity of task analysis, training requirements, training hierarchies, instructional materials, and evaluation plans.
- Designs and develops computer based training, web-based training, electronic performance support systems and other technology-based learning solutions.
- Develops flow diagrams and storyboards.
- Designs instructionally sound lessons in a variety of delivery media.
- Designs and develops multimedia courseware on a variety of computer platforms as well as tablets and other approved mobile devices.
- Work closely with Project lead, multimedia specialists, programmers and other the Program.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced personnel, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- BA/BS Instructional Design field, Masters preferred
- 8+ years' experience in instructional design and curriculum support, using the Plan, Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate (PADDIE+M) process to course updates and revision.
- Demonstrated experience with Captivate.
- Must have excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to align identified tasks and skills to learning objectives which are observable and measurable.
- Knowledge of instructional design practices and the study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness.
- Must be familiar with
- Navy curriculum design and development
- Authoring Instructional Materials Content Planning Module and Learning Objective Module (AIM CPM LOM).
- Naval technical publications format and the ability to locate reference information.
- Storyboarding for curriculum design and development.
- Multiple levels of interactive courseware, from level 1 to Level 4 gaming.
- Expert with designing and developing Navy curriculum at all levels of interactivity.
- Expert AIM CPM / LOM user.
- Expert Captivate user.
- Expert knowledge of NETC instructional design practices specifically the NAVEDTRA 130 series, MIL-HNDBK 29612 series and ILE Guidelines.
- Be familiar with the Corporate Enterprise and Training Activity Resource System (CeTARS) and Catalog of Navy Training Courses (CANTRAC).
- Experience with high-end interactive courseware such as virtual reality/augmented reality (VR/AR), gaming, and immersive learning.
- Candidate must be a US citizen with a qualifying background investigation (NACLC or higher) within the last 10 years to meet eligibility requirements for an IT Level II Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Some travel may be required.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.