|Date Posted||November 12, 2020|
Join Us for Our Virtual Job Fair
Monday, November 16, 2020 at 12:00pm MST
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to chat with recruiters and learn more about our exciting Optum360 Patient Registration opportunities!
Register here for the event at: https://uhg.hr/JobFairNov16
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
As Registration Representative / Patient Access, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week). Shifts will be based on the specific department and may be comprised of 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 hours. Additional information will be provided during the interview process. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 1955 W. Frye Rd. Chandler, AZ 85224.
- Communicates directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Responds to patient and caregivers inquiries related to routine and sensitive topics always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Organizes and schedules patient services and appointments for referrals or follow-ups ensuring proper information is forwarded to practitioners
- Utilizes computer systems to enter access or verify patient data in real - time ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Generates, reviews and analyzes patient data reports and follows up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Must be available to work any shift of days, evenings, overnight and weekends
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- 6+ months experience in an office setting, customer service setting (over the phone or face to face) or phone support role or call center environment
If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will berequired to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app,Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) orsimilar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealthGroup building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition,employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Understanding of medical terminology
- 1+ year of Registration experience in a hospital or medical setting
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and procedures and patient care settings
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. Thehealth and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are takinga science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforceback to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor andassess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specifictrends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team membersand their families, providing them with resources and support as they continueto serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARESprogram to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team membersand their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann tosupport and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increasedsanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs forour employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or wholive with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
Youcan learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impactedcommunities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Patient Registration, Admitting, Front Office, insurance, hospital, patient billing, physician office, preregistration, registrar, customer service, office , hiring immediately, jobs health care, Optum, Dignity, UHG, UHC, unitedhealthcare, careers, healthcare, customer, service, jobs for, find jobs, jobs in, call, center, medical assistant, hiring immediately