|Date Posted||November 3, 2020|
Join Us for Our Virtual Job Fair
Monday, November 16, 2020 at 12:00pm MST
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to chat with recruiters and learn more about our exciting Optum360 Patient Registration opportunities!
Register here for the event at: https://uhg.hr/JobFairNov16
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
We are seeking an energetic candidate for our Patient Access Registration Department at The University of Arizona Cancer Center @ Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center. The perfect candidate will facilitate the patient admission flow, including patient identification, accurate demographics, insurance authorization, notification and verification of insurance e - benefits in order to obtain accurate and prompt reimbursement. Additional duties include providing information and answering questions about payment assistance collecting co - payments, patient liabilities, compliance with HIPAA, and entering all necessary information into the hospital computer system.
As a Patient Access Registrar, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 625 N 6th St, Phoenix, AZ 85004.
- Communicate directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Respond to patient and caregivers' inquiries always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Obtain Benefits and Insurance verification
- Point of Service Cash Collection, Co - Pays, Deductibles and Coinsurance
- Accurate Computer Data Entry
- Scan documents
- Organize and schedule patient services and appointments for referrals
- Register and Pre - Register Patients for Emergency, Elective and Scheduled Cases
- Work with various systems including the Patient Registration and Electronic Medical Record
- Generate, review and analyze patient data reports and follows up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.