|Date Posted||November 12, 2020|
Join Us for Our Virtual Job Fair
Monday, November 16, 2020 at 12:00pm MST
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to chat with recruiters and learn more about our exciting Optum360 Patient Registration opportunities!
Register here for the event at: https://uhg.hr/JobFairNov16
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
We are seeking an energetic candidate for our Patient Access Registration Department at The University of Arizona Cancer Center @ Dignity Health St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center. The perfect candidate will facilitate the patient admission flow, including patient identification, accurate demographics, insurance authorization, notification and verification of insurance e - benefits in order to obtain accurate and prompt reimbursement. Additional duties include providing information and answering questions about payment assistance collecting co - payments, patient liabilities, compliance with HIPAA, and entering all necessary information into the hospital computer system.
As a Patient Access Registrar, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 625 N 6th St, Phoenix, AZ 85004.
- Communicate directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Respond to patient and caregivers' inquiries always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Obtain Benefits and Insurance verification
- Point of Service Cash Collection, Co - Pays, Deductibles and Coinsurance
- Accurate Computer Data Entry
- Scan documents
- Organize and schedule patient services and appointments for referrals
- Register and Pre - Register Patients for Emergency, Elective and Scheduled Cases
- Work with various systems including the Patient Registration and Electronic Medical Record
- Generate, review and analyze patient data reports and follows up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in a Hospital Patient Registration Department, Physician office or any medical setting
- 1+ years of Customer Service experience
- 1+ years of professional experience with insurance policies and procedures
- Understanding of Medical Terminology
- Ability to work day shifts, Monday through Friday 7am - 7pm (Shift is assigned within those hours)
- Bilingual fluency with English & Spanish
- Working knowledge of facility pricing structure and cost estimates
- Knowledge of ICD9 (10) and CPT terminology
- Previous experience in collecting patient copays, deductibles, etc
- Experience submitting authorization requests and / or processing referrals
- Previous working experience with Microsoft Office products: (Ability to open, edit, create, save, and send documents in Microsoft Word; ability to open, edit, create, save, and send spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel; & ability to open, edit, create, save, and send emails in Microsoft Outlook)
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. Thehealth and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are takinga science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of ourworkforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continueto monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, payingspecific attention to geography - specific trends. We have taken steps toensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providingthem with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patientsand customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well - beinginclude:
- Launchedour ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stressfor our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected byCOVID - 19
- Dailyupdates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members duringthis challenging time
- Onsitesocial distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who havebeen welcomed back to our offices
- Fullycover the COVID - 19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employeeswho self - identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk havebeen asked to remain working from home
Youcan learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID - 19 and support impactedcommunities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Patient Registration, Admitting, Front Office, insurance, Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, Gynecological Oncology, Radiology, prior authorization, hospital, patient billing, physician office, pre -registration, registrar, customer service, UHG, Phoenix, AZ Radiation Therapy, clinical, medicine, registration, cancer center, , hiring immediately, jobs health care, Optum, Dignity, UHC, unitedhealthcare, careers, healthcare, customer, service, jobs for, find jobs, jobs in, call, center