|Date Posted||November 3, 2020|
Join Us for Our Virtual Job Fair
Monday, November 16, 2020 at 12:00pm MST
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to chat with recruiters and learn more about our exciting Optum360 Patient Registration opportunities!
Register here for the event at: https://uhg.hr/JobFairNov16
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
We are seeking an energetic candidate for our Per Diem / On Call Patient Access Registration at The University of Arizona Cancer Center @ Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center. The perfect candidate will facilitate the patient admission flow, including patient identification, accurate demographics, insurance authorization, notification and verification of insurance e- benefits in order to obtain accurate and prompt reimbursement. Additional duties include providing information and answering questions about payment assistance collecting co-payments, patient liabilities, compliance with HIPAA, and entering all necessary information into the hospital computer system.
As a Per Diem / On Call Patient Access Registration, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Communicate directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Managing patient medical records for a clinic. Roles may vary based on the size of the clinic(s)
- Responds to patient and caregivers' inquiries always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Obtaining Benefits and Insurance verification
- Point of Service Cash Collection, Co-Pays, Deductibles and Coinsurance
- Accurate Computer Data Entry
- Scanning of documents
- Organizes and schedules patient services and appointments for referrals
- Registering and Pre - Registering Patients for Emergency, Elective and Scheduled Cases
- Working with various systems including the Patient Registration and Electronic Medical Record
- Availability for partial and full days shifts up to 900 calendar working hours
- Positions in this function are responsible for checking in, scheduling appointments, answering billing questions and
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.