|Date Posted||May 25, 2019|
What You Will Do:
The Mixed Reality Technical Artists combines their skill in digital content creation with a technical understanding of mixed reality media production. You will apply your skills in a medically-focused research environment to take ownership over the digital asset pipeline.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
Create quality art assets for research team requirements
• Capture, produce, and edit 3D film
• Help make decisions about obtaining new equipment and software
• Assists in all strategic planning teleconferences, conferences, and meetings associated with improving the program.
a. Assists with basic website development and maintenance, post content to an existing site, help to develop fun interactive educational tutorials, help produce and post teaching videos
• Coordinate with the Simulation Center at STC to set-up and administer clinical experiments, demonstrations, and seminars.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, 3D art or similar
• Experience with 3D modelling software (Maya, Max, Blender, etc.)
• Experience with 3D video capture, production, compositing, and editing.
• Skill in realistic/naturalistic art creation
• Experience in end-to-end digital art asset creation pipeline (modelling, texturing, rigging, and animation)
• Familiarity with augmented and virtual reality
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience with 3D game engines/editors (Unity, Unreal)
• Knowledge of high-level coding languages (Python, C#, C++)
• Knowledge of shader development
• Proficiency in scientific illustration
• Proficiency in soft-body modelling
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.