|Date Posted||February 8, 2020|
Primarily leads all use of Virtual Reality (VR) technology systems, as integral tools used for architectural and interior design coordination work within Newbuild, revitalization or refurbishment projects. Plans effective use of VR technologies to achieve required design goals. Develops new methodologies and guarantees best technical expertise on VR simulation discipline. Further ensures efficient functionality of all VR across department and external consultants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, implements, and approves all virtual reality work done to support architectural and interior design intent which represents the voice of the Executive Steering Committee and Brand Think Tank.
- Develops strategic goal for future of Virtual Reality within the company
- Prepares strategic planning VR work for each platform. Plans out how to best support each integrated design need using VR technologies.
- Supports project team spotting architectural design coordination issues across multiple phases of the design process, and learning best practices.
- Independently leads creation of VR simulations through collection of wide range of drawing sources from various colleagues, to analyze, coordinate and convert into VR simulation tools. VR simulations to be used to proactively coordinate design, troubleshoot design coordination issues, and focus on seamless transitions and design standards. VR simulations also to be used as an active tool for design decision making, including at an Executive level. Independently handles trouble shooting, consulting team leader as necessary.
- Sets all computer design modelling/drafting standards to coordinate with all applicable disciplines
- Guarantees common methods and process between different internal and external VR leaders, including architects, designers, and shipyards. Ensures software, hardware, and usage standardization.
- Establishes filing standards for ready access and maintains computer filing system of drawings from shipyard, in-house-design team, outside architects and consultants
- Upholds SQM practices throughout all design phases.
- Creates VR presentations for design management and occasionally Executives.
- Possesses cost consciousness in all aspects of work and takes ownership for importance of timely delivery of all design materials or presentations.
- Plans and implements technology upgrades to keep VR rooms up-to-date with advancing technology. Deals with technology and software suppliers
- Evaluates new technologies and advises the organization about new simulation procedures development in VR Area.
- Accelerates product development processes for meeting customer requirements
- Communicates with each VR site and apply standard methodologies to each.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Manages 3D systems in range of $3 mil or greater.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years architectural design and/or building industry experience required. Proof of large scale projects
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge must be highly experienced with Revite, 3ds Max and experienced with AutoCAD release 2013 or higher and 3D modeling techniques, especially Sketchup
- Bonus skill sets would include: Maya, Cinema, Cheetah3D, Modo, Lightwave, Blender
- Expertise in Virtual Reality simulation and virtual prototyping
- Knowledge of VR software including DeltaGen experience.
- Experience in Virtual Reality hardware, setup, and uses
- Knowledge of other computer graphics and immersive hardware
- High knowledge of architectural design development
- Thrives in an innovative, forward thinking and collaborative environment.
- Works on multiple projects, and multiple tasks under various team members.
- High level of Problem solving providing effective solution to design team
- Team Working, Project Planning and high Communication skills
- Leading change skills and high Proactivity
- Organizational and time management skill
- Must demonstrate high proficiency with spelling, grammar and the use of the English language
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present info and respond to questions from group leaders & executives
- Ability to work with external organizations and shipyards of multiple cultures
- Must be able to work in the metric system
- Ability to travel internationally or domestically 25% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Normal business environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.