|Date Posted||January 22, 2020|
The Associate III, Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) will support the implementation of Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology and related processes on Newbuild or revitalization-related projects. In collaboration with the Lead, VDC, the incumbent will provide BIM-related solutions through hands-on direct work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with execution of BIM Implementation Plans.
- Provide technical engagement and BIM Execution Planning at the onset of all projects
- Assist with the creation of documented processes specific to the project BIM and VDC management strategy
- Understand the interoperability requirements of application platforms by establishing workflows for file format exchanges
- Innovate and leverage advanced tools to solve project problems
- Optimize design and down-stream construction processes through the implementation of BIM and VDC concepts beyond 3D modeling and conflict resolution
- Responsible for full BIM-VDC implementation on multiple projects within a portfolio or a single large project
- Investigate and develop on a continuous basis, innovative methods based on extensive experience and an understanding of current trends/techniques related to building information modeling
- Develop 3D real-time virtual prototypes for client workflow and simulation scenarios walk through.
- Collaborates in the development of models, maintaining focus on the purpose/ goals of modeling.
- Develop standard specifications and BIM processes. Maintain BIM library.
- Participate in marketing efforts, including preparing Virtual Reality material for formal presentations.
- Research and development on innovative tools and technology related to BIM and the cruising industry. Proactively pursues personal development to remain proficient in latest BIM technologies and programs.
- Maintains the BIM knowledge database, lessons learned, techniques and distribute knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Construction, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years in the construction industry
- Reality capture experience required
- Knowledge of Autodesk BIM 360, Navisworks, Revit, AutoCAD
- Broad experience in model-based delivery from project concept through construction and project turnover
- Experience with Laser Scanning or Photogrammetry highly preferred
- Comfortable working with complex and large scope projects that require sophisticated BIM and VDC tools integration cutting across multiple disciplines and authoring / coordination products
- Deep understanding of the design, engineering and construction industry working on complex projects that require very unique and in-depth multi-trade sophisticated coordination
- Documented record of implementing BIM and VDC strategies beyond 3D modeling and clash-detection to include sophisticated data management and skills to help a studio see the benefits of optimizing the design process through intelligent and powerful analytical tools
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The environment includes work inside/outside the office, travel to other offices, and possibly travel domestic, international and shipboard travel. A high noise level is possible if visiting shipboard or offsite locations
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.