|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1,800 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our+ customers.
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe.
We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
What you’ll do all day
- Gather input from potential end-users.
- Develop the VR front-end for a variety of NASA applications.
- Coordinate with other developers on integrating the UI with new and existing hardware platforms.
- Perform other tasks assigned.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks.
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians.
- Are good at communicating with people.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Enjoy multitasking/
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school….. OR
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of UI/UX development experience with Unity VR and C#
- Portfolio of past VR projects for review
- Deep understanding of VR UI/UX design principles
- Experience synthesizing functional requirements in cohesive wireframes
- Experience gathering end-user input and feedback and rapidly iterating on UX design implementation
- Experience with HTC Vive platform
- Ability to work near a humanoid robot in support of UI/UX VR testing
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
- Development experience on production VR releases, particularly AAA video game titles
- Experience with tablet-based Unity apps
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.