|January 7, 2023
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed today and into tomorrow
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA's largest engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for a VR UI/UX Developer to join our team with the Engineering Division.
The VR UI/UX developer will:
* Gather input from potential end-users
* Develop the VR front-end for a variety of NASA applications
* Coordinate with other developers on integrating the UI with new and existing hardware platforms
* Perform other duties as required
Here's What You'll Need:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
* Requires a bachelor's degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2- 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
* Minimum 5 years of UI/UX development experience with Unity VR and C#
* Portfolio of past VR projects for review
* Deep understanding of VR UI/UX design principles
* Experience synthesizing functional requirements in cohesive wireframes
* Experience gathering end-user input and feedback and rapidly iterating on UX design implementation
* Experience with HTC Vive platform
* Ability to work near a humanoid robot in support of UI/UX VR testing
* U.S. Citizenship
* Development experience on production VR releases, particularly AAA video game titles
* Experience with tablet-based Unity apps
Why Join Our Team?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities, we also have:
* Excellent personal and professional career growth
* 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
* Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
* Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
* Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
* Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
* Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.