VR Transition Supervisor – Norcross
|Published||March 4, 2023|
The Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency operates five integrated and interdependent statutory programs that share a primary goal - to help people with disabilities to become fully productive members of society by achieving independence and meaningful employment. Our programs impact both employers and job seekers. Our bottom line is to tailor our services to fit your needs. And our promise to you is consistent professional service with responsive and responsible follow-up.
The Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency (GVRA) is seeking candidates for high visibility positions in our Vocational Rehabilitation Program. GVRA offers candidates the opportunity to work with community partners, organizations, and internal and external stakeholders in local offices across the state to develop partnerships and leverage resources.
The Vocational Rehabilitation Program provides individualized vocational rehabilitation counseling, pre-employment transition services, employment skills development services, and supports to facilitate competitive integrated employment opportunities for individuals with significant disabilities.
The Transition Supervisor leads a high performing team of rehabilitation professionals, evaluates their performance, and coaches and supports the team to ensure the delivery of quality Pre- Employment Transition Services and rehabilitation services that are designed to prepare eligible Students to seek, secure, and sustain competitive integrated employment outcomes. We are recruiting for multiple positions across the state of Georgia.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GEORGIA VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION AGENCY GVRA
* Creates and maintains a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership, ethical decision-making, effective case management that safeguards client welfare, a strong team orientation, and a culture focused on the individuals seeking assistance from GVRA/VR.
* Plans and organizes the team's work to meet the organization's goals of provision of Pre-ETS and assisting persons with disabilities to work.
* Analyzes and assesses the effectiveness of existing services and systems to ensure the identified outcome measures are achieved by the team.
* Assures team compliance with policies, appropriate documentation, and reporting requirements.
* Builds and encourages a cooperative team-oriented environment with other teams internally, with other agencies, and providers.
* Creates and maintains positive working relationships with LEAs, community, partners, providers, businesses, advocacy groups, and core Workforce partners.
* Cultivates and fosters professional relationships with Special Education Directors, Principals, teachers, school counselors, and other internal and external partners.
* Develops and administers budgets; including the unit's work and case service funds to meet the organization's objectives.
* Facilitates communication within the agency on a specific case level as well as on a procedural and policy level.
* Interviews, hires, directs, trains and evaluates the performance of, and when necessary, initiates the disciplinary process of rehabilitation employees.
* Leads and administers quality delivery of the rehabilitation process to potentially eligible students and Vocational Rehabilitation clients.
* Manages human resources and directs administrative activities for team of vocational rehabilitation employees.
* Monitors and tracks budgetary compliance.
* Plans, administers, and maintains the operation of vocational rehabilitation services consistent with GVRA/VR standards.
* Develops and conducts quality assurance case reviews for specific initiative compliance. Ensures accuracy of Pre-ETS data and SWD counts for assigned areas. .
* Reviews new and current programs to determine their efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with GVRA/VR policy and procedures, as well as state and federal regulations.
* Coordinates with state-wide coordinators and managers to facilitate quality provision of services.
* Encourages and participates in collaboration between the Local Education Agencies (LEAs) and GVRA/VR staff to support the coordination and documentation of opportunities for students with disabilities to participate in work based learning, apprenticeship and internship experiences.
* Ensures transition staff complete monthly reporting requirements and that Pre-ETS delivered are properly captured in AWARE.
* Collaboration Skills.
* Communication Proficiency.
* Project Management.
* Presentation Skills
* Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
* Diversity and Inclusion.
* Performance Management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
Incumbents working in this job perform duties in an office setting. This is a 40-hour workweek requirement. The position may involve managing a high volume workload and demands a high level of accuracy while working with deadlines. Regular attendance is an important part of being successful in this position. Work is performed in an office environment. Strong computer skills are needed due to ongoing changes to applications that affect the way the work is performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may occasionally require long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Minimum Education and Experience
Master's degree in a related area from an accredited college or university AND One year of management of subordinate supervisors in a human service delivery program OR Bachelor's degree in a related area from an accredited college or university AND Two years of management or subordinate supervisors in a human service delivery program OR Related certification AND One year of management of subordinate supervisors in a human service deliver program OR Two years of experience at the lower lever Mgr 1, Social Svs (SSM010) or position equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
* Master's degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or other related field
* Credential as Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
* Two or more years of experience managing a caseload or complex projects
* Two years or more experience in a Vocational Rehabilitation setting responsible for complying with federal regulations
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
As a condition of employment with Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency, you must successfully complete a mandatory federal and national background check, pre-employment testing, and additional checks required for your job.
All candidates interested in employment with The Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency does not offer sponsorships for current or future employment visas (e.g., H-B1 employment visa).
GVRA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Leads the development and administration of policies and programs of social service and community agencies, correctional institutions, rehabilitative services, and related programs that are designed to protect and promote the social welfare of individuals and communities. Directs subordinate supervisors and staff. Will manage large numbers of agency staff or have large scope of responsibility within agency. Analyzes and assesses the effectiveness of existing programs to ensure the identified outcome measures are achieved. Assures agency compliance with policies, appropriate documentation, and reporting requirements. Builds and encourages a cooperative team-oriented environment within unit(s) and with other agencies and providers. Creates and maintains positive working relationships within the community and on the county DFCS Board. Develops and administers budgets. Facilitates communication within the unit(s)/agency on a specific case level as well as on a procedure/policy level. Interviews, hires, directs, trains, evaluates the performance of, and when necessary, disciplines and discharges social services employees. Leads and administers a comprehensive system of public assistance, employability, and social services. Manages human resources and directs administrative activities for groups of social services employees. Plans, administers, and maintains the operation of social services programs. Reviews new and current programs to determine their efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with state, local and federal regulations
Master's degree in a related area from an accredited college or university AND One year of management of subordinate supervisors in a human service delivery program OR Bachelor's degree in a related area from an accredited college or university AND Two years of management of subordinate supervisors in a human service delivery program OR Related certification AND One year of management of subordinate supervisors in a human service delivery program OR Two years of experience at the lower level Mgr 1, Social Svcs (SSM010) or position equivalent.
* Agency Logo: Requisition ID: SOC0AYL
* Number of Openings: 2
* Advertised Salary: $70,000.00
* Shift: Day Job
* Posting End Date: Mar 10, 2023