|Published||July 29, 2022|
|Location||Palo Alto, CA|
Client is seeking a VR Project Manager V to support the XR Hub inside the Collaboration Technologies division of Enterprise Engineering (IT). This is a new position responsible for the art development lifecycle for realtime 3D graphics for the XR Hub and its internal partners across the company. This art/design leadership role will primarily guide and supervise the work executed by first and third party partners and will report to the XR Hub Manager.
XR Hub is driving integration of virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed-reality experiences into the way we work at Client, to increase productivity and strengthen our connections with each other. From learning and development, to workplace wellness, and beyond, we are the HUB of putting XR to work. With 3 primary divisions, the XR Hub is driving employees.
Product Enablement : We are experts in revealing business use cases for existing XR products. We work with RL and 3rd party partners to identify, share, and measure how these products can deliver value within the Client Enterprise.
Custom XR Solutions : We partner with teams across the Client Enterprise, offering XR answers to meet their challenges, from onboarding and training to collaboration and well-being. We build holistic custom solutions from concept, to pilot, to program, using existing apps or creating new ones from scratch.
Community Engagement : We empower team members with the knowledge and inspiration needed to integrate XR into their everyday work. We're building an ecosystem of content, communication, and community building strategies to drive successful programs and technology adoption across the enterprise.
- Set requirements and art direction for projects including experience subject matter, scope, level of detail, style.
- Develop creative briefs and validate with customers and XFN partners.
- Qualify and supervise external resources for production and integration of assets with technical and aesthetic quality
- Manage work conducted by 1st party contingent workers and 3rd party development partners on schedule and budget
- Provide technical and design guidance to ensure programs reach objectives.
- Monitor development and delivery of assets, setting standards to QA assets.
- Manage digital/virtual assets created and acquired by XR Hub.
- Develop & manage art standards, UX standards, design standards
- Experience developing realtime 3D content for Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, XR, Mixed Reality for immersive learning, gameplay, or similar commercial implementations
- Strong understanding of high and low poly character and environment modeling and texturing
- Basic 3D animation knowledge
- 2D and UI Design experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to work independently and work with highly cross-functional teams
- Creative generalist with experience leading/contributing to an art team in game development or VR-immersive content development
- Experience developing prototype assets or work with Horizon Worlds Builder a plus
- Experience with mobile app UX/I preferred
- Experience with AR/VR wearables and/or IoT device preferred
- Experience with motion design preferred
- Enthusiastic about new technologies in AR, VR, XR and how to make employees more productive using this tech