|Published||November 22, 2022|
If you get gratification from helping others and providing a welcoming first impression, join us as a VR Program Associate! These positions provide inviting customer service to our clients, and assist VR Specialists on the team in a variety of ways.
This is an encouraging team that thrives on multitasking, flexibility, initiative, autonomy in their daily tasks, and occasionally some cookies. It's a family-first office, and their big philosophy is to work as a team to solve problems and help people. How rewarding!
$15.120 - $17.387/hour
This range is based upon available budget funds. The selected candidate's skills, abilities, education, and experience will determine the salary offer within this posted range.
In addition to being part of meaningful work and making a difference through public service, our Total Compensation package includes an additional$20,000 - $21,100 in Benefits value! This includes:
* Hybrid work locations and workplace flexibility
* Stable employment and hours with regular salary increases
* Thirteen paid holidays per year
* Competitive benefits, paid time off, and retirement
* 79% employer-paid health insurance with four plans and coverage levels to choose from
* Dental, vision, long and short-term disability, flex spending and health savings accounts, employee assistance program, employee discount program, and more!
* Generous vacation and sick leave earnings each year (starting at 12 days each!), plus a variety of other leave types
* 156% state-matched retirement (yes, that's $1.56 for every dollar!) with a guaranteed 5% return
* $20,000 term life insurance at no cost to you, with additional supplemental life insurance options
* Wide variety of professional development opportunities
* NEW Dependent Tuition Reimbursement Program with six Nebraska community colleges!
EEO: NDE is committed to advancing equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all that we do. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we encourage applications from ALL qualified candidates and assure they will receive consideration for this position regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Examples of Work
* Enters client information into the Nebraska VR data system (QE2) for intake, appointment set up, service provision, etc. Runs reports, and monitors and updates client employment milestones. Uploads client documents and enters task notes for all client interactions.
* Contacts medical providers, schools, and other organizations to request and collect necessary medical, school, public benefit, and financial information; and ensures receipt of requested information.
* Performs receptionist duties, responds to basic questions about Vocational Rehabilitation, and schedules appointments for clients.
* Prepares payment authorizations, obtains agreed upon goods and services and verifies their receipt.
* Contacts businesses that provide goods or services to Nebraska VR to set up payment accounts.
* Performs administrative duties and accounting work including reviewing and processing accounts receivable and payable.
* Assists VR Specialists with client purchases.
* Files, makes copies, routes information, and processes mail and postage.
* Operates and maintains office equipment, manages inventory, and orders and stocks equipment and supplies.
* Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Qualifications / Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of experience related to the essential functions of the position. Any equivalent education and/or work experience may be substituted in order to meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
Experience with persons with disabilities, providing customer service. Experience using a client data system and keeping accurate records. Experience with accounting functions such as accounts payable and accounts receivable.
* The supplemental "Questions" section of the application assists us in learning about specific, comparable experiences from each candidate. We can then use evidence-based equitable practices to determine candidates to move forward. In addition to the required Work Experience and Education sections, answering the supplemental Questions completely with requested details is highly encouraged. Each written response area has ample space to provide a complete response; due to screen size, we do not recommend filling out this application on small mobile devices.