|Published||October 1, 2023|
About Bad Dragon
Bad Dragon is a modern production, design, and fulfillment facility based in Phoenix, AZ, that specializes in the manufacturing and online sales of adult products. We strive to foster a fun, unique, and creative work environment and pride ourselves on the supportive atmosphere we have worked hard to foster.
We are building an interactive VR game to allow individuals to "Make Their Fantasies Real" in unimaginable ways. We are looking for a robust VR Game Developer to join our growing team of product visionaries, 3D artists, and game developers to build a highly interactive VR experience.
- Evaluate engine or middleware strengths and weaknesses
- Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems fulfill the intentions of the project and are coherent with the existing code
- Work within existing gameplay systems to construct new game experiences from the ground up
- Design, implement, and optimize maintainable code
- Ensure that implementing the controls and game systems provides the player with the experience that the designer and creative director had envisioned
- Conceptualize playable elements and supervise the creation and implementation of those elements into the game
- Debug and optimize gameplay systems
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of the game's productions
- Think creatively and critically to expand user experiences into new virtual reality mediums
- Develop techniques to optimize the game systems' overall performance, stability, and scalability
- Collaborate with a small team to create and refine game mechanics
- On-Site prefered but not required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of progressive experience in programming/development or a similar role.
- A minimum of one shipped title (Mobile/PC/Console)
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills with a background in coding
- A demonstrated proficiency in Unreal
- Good knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Must be an effective communicator, both verbally and written
- Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games in adult themes/furry fandom
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits for candidates that qualify, company provided full healthcare coverage with dental and vision, relocation assistance for out-of-state candidates (we are based in Phoenix, AZ), paid sick time, generous vacation time, and a break room stocked with food and drink for all employees. We also offer an employee discount of 30% off retail prices and quarterly store credit and bonuses.
Starting pay is negotiable based on experience, level of education and is competitive for the greater Phoenix area. Employee accommodations such as company-provided Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance, and quarterly performance-related bonuses are available. Traditionally, an end-of-the-year bonus is also made available for all staff who meet the requirements.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We're firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.