|Published||August 6, 2022|
VR/AR Lab Technician (Redmond WARP & Calibration)
- Setting up and maintaining data collection SW and HW including OS/firmware updates and connection to sensor components.
- Basic SW (mostly C++) debugging, understand different kinds of error analysis and communicate with other Research Engineers and Scientists.
- Consumer devices HW bring-up and functionalities verification.
- Design and execute experiments to validate product quality and investigate HW/SW issues.
- Design and commission automation procedures for robotics experiments.
- Perform devices calibration with proprietary equipment.
- Commission and operate complex measurement and test equipment
- Documentation of various processes and techniques with help from the core team.
Qualifications (Must Have)
- BSc or MSc degree in Engineering or Physics and/or apprenticeship in electronics or related field
- Familiarity with C/C++, basic statistics, error analysis.
- Familiarity with linux systems
- Scripting / configuration editing
- Experience with laboratory work and ideally experimental hardware
- Good communication skills
- Software development experience in C++, Python and/or Bash
- Troubleshooting driver problems on Linux
- Robot control or mechatronics experience. In particular:
- Controlling linear motion stages
- Controlling hexapod positioners
- Controlling robot arms
- Knowledge about camera optics and acquisition settings
- Experience with VR or AR systems
- Data analysis and visualization
This position comes with full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 401k and more!
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.