|November 27, 2023
DLS Capitol - Dallas, TX
Working at Envision means having a job that's more than just a way to make money. It's a job that makes a difference.
We offer team members:
- Careers with purpose
- Teamwork environment
- Amazing 401K Retirement Plan
- Envision Paid Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA Plans
- 10 Paid Holidays
- PTO & Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
The VR and Community Programs Coordinator is responsible for the successful organization and implementation of Envision Dallas' vocational rehab support programs and monthly community program offerings. The Coordinator will work with the Manager of Rehabilitation Services & Support Programs, programs stakeholders, and other internal departments to drive support for BVI participants to increase engagement in all facets of support and community programs. This role will also capture user feedback from the BVI community on the full breadth of our programs and services and improve the overall experience of our BVI participants by helping to define requirements, establish and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines for all programs. Additionally, in collaboration with the Manager of Rehabilitation Services & Support Programs, this position will lead the charge of creating, initiating, and implementing job readiness and job placement programming for Envision Dallas.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Organize & implement general operations of community programs as assigned by Manager.
- Increase engagement of participants within all facets of Support & Community Programs.
- Assist in developing and maintaining professional relationships with vision professionals, community groups and vision resources in the community and state.
- Collaborate with Rehabilitation Services & Support Programs Manager, Executive Director of Rehabilitation Services & Support Programs, & Director of Community Programs Envision Wichita to ensure that branding, programming, and strategies align with the overall mission and core values of Envision, Inc.
- Stay current and in the knowledge of TWC VR Job Readiness and Job Placement process and procedures.
- Assist Rehabilitation Services & Support Programs manager with obtaining and maintaining TWC contract for VR Job Readiness and Job Placement Services.
- Assist Rehabilitation Services & Support Programs Manager in creating, initiating, and curating programming content and/or training resources needed for Job Readiness, Job Placement programming to be started at Envision Dallas.
- Develop and implement effective coaching strategies to help clients overcome employment-related challenges.
- Identifying clients' strengths and advising them on how to use those strengths to secure employment or excel in their chosen career path.
- Providing information on suitable career paths based on clients' skills, qualifications, interests, and experience.
- Conducting tests to assess clients' skills and abilities and providing feedback on test results.
- Reviewing clients' resumes and suggesting improvements as needed.
- Maintaining accurate records of clients' progress.
- Liaising with employers to identify possible job opportunities for clients with disabilities.
- Provide resources and referrals to appropriate trainers (when applicable) and/or assist with teaching clients how to use job-related tools, instruments, and equipment correctly.
- Serve as point of contact for local Texas students and residents to participate and attend nationally sponsored Envision events such as Level Up, Heather's Camp, or CSP events.
- Collaborate with Marketing to raise engagement within the programs, share community events and elevate the monthly scheduled programs.
- Conduct direct/digital mailing and outreach to recruit participants.
- Assist with development of material for newsletters, websites and other communications that promote programs and services for the visually impaired.
- Represent Envision at outreach events by communicating Envision's mission and the services that we offer to community groups, long term care facilities, school groups, community activities and other public events Envision may participate in or sponsor.
- Organize volunteers to better support our BVI participants and families.
- Drive engagement through the usage of effective registration software, systems, and websites.
- Maintain tools for outcome measures and evaluation processes to capture data for program improvement, realigning where necessary.
- Assist in fostering collaborative relationships with stakeholders, including school districts, teachers, vocational rehab agencies, community organizations, universities, disability service offices, Delta Gamma and healthcare professionals to seek opportunities that will expand reach, enhance VR support programming and develop revenue pipelines through service contracts and grant opportunities and sponsorships.
- Accommodate the schedule of community program events, activities, and tasks, to include evenings and weekends as needed.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
Education: Associates degree in education, psychology, social work, communications or marketing. Bachelor's degree preferred. Consideration of relevant work experience in place of education.
- Minimum of 3 years' related experience
- Experience with a non-profit preferred
- Experience with working individuals who have disabilities required.
- Desire to learn and understand the needs of individuals of all ages who are blind or visually impaired.
- Demonstrated ability to train and/or teach skills and concepts to participants/team members
- Demonstrated ability to support and motivate individuals in areas of advocacy and independence
- Experience cultivating online communities using social media technologies and practices a plus
- Strong knowledge (as a user, not a developer) of accessibility solutions and systems for accessing specialized and mainstream/internet based products and services preferred
- Effective working knowledge of business production software, including MS Office, MS Teams, Mail Chimp, etc.
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated success in multi-tasking and collaborative environment
- Experience in managing multiple projects and deadlines, with a definitive goal
- Ability to critically evaluate situations and synthesize them for review and input by other team members
- Experience working with TWC a plus
- Proven experience working as a job coach
- Sound knowledge of different jobs and career paths
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills
- Must maintain a current First Aid/CPR certification
- Must be able to obtain UNTWISE certification within 90 days of employment
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising:0
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm's reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
X <10 lbs 11-25 lbs 26-50 lbs 51+ lbs Carry X Usual amount X <10 lbs 11-25 lbs 26-50 lbs 51+ lbs Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job