VP, Head of Silicon, Reality Labs
|Published||March 27, 2023|
Meta is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems like Meta Quest 2, Meta Quest Pro and Gear VR. Come work alongside expert engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR & AR pervasive and universal. Join us in the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. We are currently seeking an experienced executive to lead all of our silicon activities. This evolving Silicon group is responsible for supporting all the silicon needs of our product and research activities. The group will have a strong emphasis on enabling improvements in processing capacity and reduced power consumption for the systems that we are developing for our AR & VR systems.
VP, Head of Silicon, Reality Labs Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for building a world-class Silicon organization to support all VR & AR custom silicon requirements that includes creating the optimal organization structure and processes, acquiring the necessary tools and hiring work-class experts.
2. Manage the Silicon organization to create an effective, efficient and Meta compatible work environment.
3. Develop and communicate an appropriate strategic vision and roadmap for use of custom silicon across VR & AR.
4. Provide both technical and organizational leadership.
5. Engage with the executive team and solicit the appropriate support, resources and buy in to deliver on the roadmap/vision.
6. Ensure that the group's customers (the product and research groups) are appropriately supported to achieve their objectives.
7. Own the roadmap to develop new technologies across the full design flow, from architectures down to physical design and packaging, to surpass the current state-of-the-art for SoC processing power, power consumption and form factor.
8. Drive the overall silicon industry to create solutions for the AR/VR devices market that are compatible with Meta's platform.
9. Maintain a knowledge of the key industry and academic players in this space and build appropriate partnerships to execute on the strategy and roadmap.
10. Recruit, develop and retain a world-class team of top engineers who are recognized subject matter experts and have experience in silicon development and execution.
11. Uphold a culture of respect, integrity, inclusion, innovation.
12. 10-15% international and domestic travel is required.
13. 15+ years of silicon industry experience.
14. 10+ years of leadership experience.
15. Experience as VP or C-level of an engineering organization at a company operating at global scale.
16. An experienced executive in Silicon organization management having built, developed and led a global organization of more than 500 people.
17. Experience in leading teams and programs with accelerating timelines and multi-partner initiatives.
18. Experience and a knowledge of SoC design and architecture methodologies.
19. Experience in IP block generation, optimization and hardening.
20. Experience in circuit and device level optimizations and library creation.
21. Experience with analog and digital system design, test, and validation.
22. Experience in managing an organization that is focused on developing low power SoCs.
23. Experience of working with, and personal contacts at the main Silicon foundries.
24. Knowledge of the evolving Silicon foundry technology and processing node roadmaps, and evolving low power device and circuit designs.
25. Experience in creating strategic partnerships with industry players and academic groups.
26. Communication experience and experience in cross multi-disciplinary boundaries to deliver system solutions.
27. Experience managing engineering & consumer electronic products at scale
28. Experience building international teams
29. Multi-functional/BU leadership experience
$452,000/year to $475,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law