|Published||January 21, 2022|
You will lead architecture on Red6’s VR/AR products, help drive the overall strategy & roadmap, and be a part of the teams designing, building, and testing prototypes for future training-oriented AR experiences. You will build and lead a team of Software Engineers, Game Developers and AR subject matter experts, as well as build out QA for the solutions. This role will partner with product, UX, artists, content, and engineering teams across Red6 to ensure we are building out world class training products using the latest technologies, in ways that have yet to be fully recognized.
You will perform in a leadership role among the team, responsible for a wide variety of engineering efforts ranging from the development of our applications in Unreal You will advise on strategy and best practices, to ensure we build out a scalable solution for the long term. You will explore new technologies within AI to help agencies extract insights and streamline training, and networking to enable better multi-trainee experiences.
Our AR/VR Team Culture
We believe that happy teams make the best products, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind, collaborate together, and have fun.
We believe we can only succeed if we deeply understand our customers and get to know them. We spend a lot of time with our clients to learn about their needs, watch their experience and see the real impact of our work.
- Develop a technical vision and strategy for Red6’s AR initiatives, while driving development of system requirements and architecture to create new virtual reality experiences.
- Design and lead multi-year technical roadmaps and take full responsibility for planning, overall execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Collaborate with your Product and Design counterparts to iterate on the product vision and roadmap.
- Build and manage a diverse team, from the ground up, that enables Red6 to consistently develop AR solutions at quality and scale, while pushing the boundaries of what can be accomplished with the technology.
- Guide team on use of new and emerging technologies, while balancing risk and reward.
- Ensure high quality and future maintainability output from a team with a strong emphasis on tracking metrics and monitoring errors in the field.
- Ensure and encourage communication across all related teams
- Define and implement series of engineering processes and best practices for Red6 AR development.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- Proficient in both high-level scripting languages (e.g. Python) and lower-level compiled languages (e.g. C++)
- Proficient with game engine technology (e.g. Unity, Unreal, RealityKit).
- Experience with AR/VR and related technology; ARKit/ARCore experience a plus
- Proficiency with 3D, Computer Vision Tracking and MMO gaming technologies
- Familiar with Machine Learning tools and techniques, especially as applied to 3D interactive experiences
- Understanding of networking protocols and technologies like TCP/IP, UDP, QUIC, RTP, WebRTC
- Familiar with agile development philosophy and practices
- Experience leading small to mid-sized software development teams
- Passionate about quality design, code, tools and architectures
- STRONG preference will be given to those with experience with Robotics
- Experience developing titles on AR platforms (Hololens, Oculus, HTC Vive, or PlayStation VR)
- Deep knowledge of computer graphics (lighting, shading, rigging, fx, etc)
- Proficient with computer graphics content creation tools (Maya, Houdini, Nuke, etc)
- Experience developing apps for public release (e.g. iOS technology)
- Experience in REST architecture for web services and building secure, scalable APIs
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability Cloud Service Technologies (Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure) including Kubernetes or Docker.