|Published||January 20, 2022|
Advantage Technical is seeking a Virtual Reality (VR) Developer to work remotely. You will join our client's Future Forward, Research Group. This role is to explore speculative concepts and technologies that are promising for future products and services in the emerging field of computer and robot-assisted medical interventions. As a VR software developer, you will work on the design and development of VR apps for head-mounted (ex: Oculus Quest 2) devices targeting end-users involved in surgical robotic procedures. The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy, focused, small-team environment, and have a commitment to high-quality research prototypes and supporting infrastructure. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required. Employee benefits include health (Medical, dental, vision, etc.), 401k, etc. Please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
As part of the research team, immediate responsibilities include:
Roles and Responsibilities
• Prototype with the latest VR hardware (Oculus Quest 2, HoloLens 2, Varjo XR-3, etc).
• Build, debug, and deploy next-generation VR apps in Unity3D.
• Participate in software architecture discussions, code reviews, and user studies design.
• Develop high-fidelity 3D content, assets, and interaction methods for XR devices.
• Develop new immersive reality features that contribute to the product roadmap
• Integrate VR apps with back-end systems, APIs, and services.
• Create documentation for the features being developed, the techniques that were tried and rejected or implemented.
• Apply good software engineering practices to write elegant, robust, reliable, maintainable, and reusable code.
• Unit-test code for robustness and reliability.
• Bachelors in computer science or related fields.
• Minimum 3 years experience in developing and shipping Unity-based applications, preferably in visualization, AR/VR, or video games.
• Demonstrated hands-on skills in C++ and C#.
• Experience writing graphics shaders in Unity.
• Experience in creating and using animated 3D models.
• Experience in developing applications for Headsets such as - Oculus Quest, HTC Vive, HoloLens, or equivalent.
• Experience building and shipping Unity apps on the Windows/Apple/Android app stores.
• Experience profiling and debugging Unity applications for performance optimizations.
• Attention to detail in UI design implementation.
• Strong communication and team-success oriented collaboration skills.
• Excellent programming skills with a solid understanding of software engineering techniques, methodologies, and attention to detail.
• Disciplined debugging skills and tenacious problem solver.
• Shipped at least one Unity game.
• Knowledge of 3D, CAD, and Rigid-body physics.
• Experience using Metal/OpenGL/Vulkan or other 3D graphics development frameworks.
• Experience working with libraries such as MRTK, OpenXR, ARFoundation, MRTK.
• Experience in other game development engines/tools such as Unreal, Blender, and Maya.
• Experience in front-end web technologies.
• Experience in website/mobile app UI & UX design.
• Experience with Unity Addressables, Asset Bundles, and Package Manager
• Ability to prioritize product features
Adv Ref #: 1329463
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.