|May 26, 2023
SAIC is looking for a Virtual Reality System Administrator to join a fast paced team focused on building a virtual reality system.
This role has teleworking capabilities (3 days in the office) however the candidate would need to be within commuting distance to Keyport, WA.
- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrade to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Will work closely with developers and 3-D artists to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Plans and implements the modernization of servers.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.