|January 8, 2023
SAIC is looking for a Virtual Reality System Administrator to join a fast paced team focused on building a virtual reality system.
This role has teleworking capabilities (3 days in the office) however the candidate would need to be within commuting distance to Keyport, WA.
* Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
* Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrade to operating systems and layered software packages.
* Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
* Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
* Will work closely with developers and 3-D artists to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
* Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
* Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
* Plans and implements the modernization of servers.
* Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
Required Education and Experience
* Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience ; eight (8) years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
* Proficiency administering Windows and Linux system.
* AR/ VR software experience or C# experience.
* Proficiency in Ansible.
* Proficiency with Docker and Vagrant.
* Proficiency with PowerShell.
* Cyber Security documentation experience.
* Familiar with RMF (DON Risk Management Framework).
* Must be willing to obtain an interim secret and a secret clearance.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC is a premier Fortune 500 technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.