Virtual Reality Software Engineer (Engineer Software 5) – 13791 with Security Clearance
|Published||March 16, 2023|
|Location||Nellis Air Force Base, NV|
Requisition Number: 13791 Required Travel: 0 - 10% Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt Hours Per Week: 40 Security Clearance: Top Secret Level of Experience: Senior Job Description Mission Technologies, a Division of HII is seeking a Virtual Reality (VR) Software Developer to support Modeling, Simulation and Training at the Virtual Test and Training Center (VTTC), Nellis AFB, NV. The individual's primary responsibility will center on VR capabilities for NAVAIR's Next Generation Threat System (NGTS), a product that provides constructive entities to the battlespace simulation. NGTS is a continually evolving synthetic environment generator that supports multiple platform/services training, testing, analysis and research and development. The individual will rely on their technical acumen and experience to develop, configure, operate and enhance the function of NGTS in a simulation and training environment. The work will extend past NGTS to include interoperability concerns with other components in the system, such as network operations (e.g. DMO network) and system interoperability (e.g. effects in other devices due to NGTS data). Essential Job Responsibilities Lead the software development, software integration, customer training and demonstrations for the VTTC NGTS. This software is integrated into flight simulators to support pilot training against potential threats. Coordinate with customers, manages expectations for team deliverables. Ensure customer/stakeholder satisfaction, manage leadership expectations, and reports all potential risks. This will include, but are not limited to:
• Demonstrate a knowledge of standard programming algorithms, design patterns, and object-oriented software design.
• Validating designs by testing VR prototypes with users to ensure the design is intuitive and effective.
• Design, develop, and implement VR prototypes and experiences.
• Using modeling tools to create 3D models of objects within an application's environment.
• Communicate project status and team needs to leadership.
• Ensure schedule and requirements are met.
• Work with partner projects to communicate deliveries and schedules.
• Manage documentation, briefs, reports, and answer data calls.
• Collaborate with team members to design future enhancements. Minimum Qualifications
• 15 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 13 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; 10 years relevant experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 19 years relevant experience.
• Presentation/briefing experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with scripting, database, and programming languages such C++.
• Active DoD Top Secret security clearance. Preferred Requirements
• Experience with Agile software practices.
• Advanced proficiency with C++
• Experience with developing VR capabilities using commercial hardware (Oculus, HoloLens, HTC Vive, etc.)
• Experience with developing sub-system and system level models (Air vehicles, ground vehicles, ground-based sensors and other types of complex systems)
• Experience working with/developing multi-system mission level simulations (Air space simulation, swarm simulations, Game development, etc.)
• Experience in the gaming or military simulation fields delivering configurable scenario-based environments for war-gaming (e.g., AFSIM, NGTS, etc.)
• Experience with NGTS programming
• Experience supporting Special Access Program (SAP) efforts. This opportunity resides with Live, Virtual, Constructive Solutions, a business group within HII's Mission Technologies division. As a trusted partner to our military customers, we design, develop and operate systems that bring together service members from across the globe to help you train like you fight, because we understand that preparation requires full coordination-not readiness in piece parts. HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com. HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.