Virtual Reality QA Tester
|Published||March 7, 2023|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
SimX is a fast-growing startup company that brings virtual reality to medical simulation training. Our product is the first comprehensive professional-grade VR medical simulation system, and it is used by our customers to train physicians, nurses, and other allied health professionals. Our mission is to transform the way physicians and allied health professionals are trained in order to take a dent out of the more than 400,000 people who die every year from preventable medical errors. Since our product has become generally available, demand has exploded and we're in need of new team members to move our product forward.
We're a high-powered team consisting of a mix of medical professionals, engineers, 3D artists, scientists, and production specialists, all of whom have dedicated their time to achieving our mission. As a startup, we're looking for new team members who are excited about our mission and have the drive to thrive in the startup environment.
Our company is based in the Bay Area. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have closed our offices and all SimX employees are on remote work indefinitely.
As a Virtual Reality QA Tester, you will be testing medical education scenarios that run on our multiplayer, first-person VR platform. This is a fast-paced role that works directly with our Scenario Production and Engineering Teams. You will be primarily responsible for testing our training scenarios as they progress through the development pipeline, and investigating and reporting bugs in a clear, actionable manner. Other responsibilities include testing the product on a range of supported hardware including VR headsets and computers, creating test plans, and identifying areas for QA improvement.
- Test scenarios to ensure the product meets quality standards.
- Test product on range of supported hardware (computers and VR headsets).
- Investigate and report software bugs, including reporting newly discovered issues and verifying bug fixes.
- Maintain, improve, and expand QA tools.
- Help maintain QA knowledge database and best practices.
- Collaborate with Scenario Production and Engineering teams to create test plans.
- Work with management team to develop and execute new test strategies and frameworks.
- 1 year of professional QA testing experience.
- Familiarity with VR platforms, such as the Oculus Quest, HTC Vive, Valve Index, etc.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and deadline-focused environment
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule when necessary
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized problem-solver who has the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and get the job done
- Superior level of independence and efficiency
- Strong deductive reasoning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Permanent residence in the United States
- US DOD TS/SCI security clearance eligibility
- Must be able to stand / move around for long periods of time.
- Must be comfortable wearing a VR headset for extended periods of time.
Note: these are not required to be a successful applicant, but we'd love it if you have one or two! Please also feel free to let us know if you have skills not listed here that you think would make you a great fit for our company.
- Experience with a VR product that has been deployed to customers
- Experience with a programming language
- Experience writing test cases
- Familiarity with Asana, Jira, or similar task tracking tools
- Prior experience within the healthcare industry
- Working knowledge of Unity 3D
SimX is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to have a workforce that represents the full diversity of the health professionals that we aim to train and the patients whose care we want to improve. Our employment decisions will be based solely on the merit and qualifications of applicants without discrimination, including discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SimX is committed to making reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.