|Published||January 6, 2023|
Virtual Reality Guest Experience Specialist -- Starting at $12
Dreamscape at AMC Easton Town Center
275 Easton Town Center, Columbus, OH 43219
Free movies, free popcorn, flex schedules...and more! Deliver superior service while connecting with our guests through interactive storytelling that brings them deeper into a fully immersive virtual reality experience.
Do you love all things movies? If so, you may be a perfect fit for our team. Build strong communication, leadership, and time management skills at AMC, and take advantage of our opportunities for career advancement. AMC team members enjoy free popcorn daily, half off eats and drinks, flexible schedules, ability to work with friends, and most importantly for us movie people...FREE movies at any of our theatres nationwide!
AMC's company culture is focused on innovation and diversity to ensure that we provide the latest and greatest experience for our guests and associates. We lead by example in doing what is right and take responsibility for our own results and our company's success.
All associates may be considered for cross-training; some may be assigned duties in one or more areas at management discretion. General responsibilities for all positions include, but are not limited to:
- Exhibit excellent guest service skills.
- Act as brand ambassador: share information with potential guests about this unique virtual reality experience in a manner that encourages them to take the journey that day.
- Comfortable interacting with technology.
- Present a calm demeanor that deters others from engaging in disruptive conduct, while encouraging a positive interaction with guests.
- Answer guest questions courteously and accurately or quickly direct them to the appropriate resource.
- Work effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Execute opening and closing technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively multitask as needed, including but not limited to greeting guests, tearing and scanning tickets, checking IDs, directing guests and answering guest questions.
- Perform functions related to operation of Virtual Reality (VR) experience, including use of tablet technology (Microsoft, Apple, HP).
- Facilitate ticketing, check-in, and other guest service needs using various sales systems.
- Ensure working order of attractions hardware and software.
- Assist guests in putting on/taking off required VR gear and describe the use during the show.
- Ability to multitask and effectively respond to changing environments, circumstances, and situations while operating the VR show.
- Ensure the proper use of safety practices and procedures while operating the VR show.
- Ensure the security of all cash, receipts, and tickets.
- Properly care for guest and show equipment devices, including maintaining equipment hygiene standards.
- Perform nightly custodial duties as necessary, including but not limited to vacuuming, mopping, sanitizing restroom fixtures, etc.
- Clean and maintain exterior and interior of facility including restrooms.
- Perform daily stocking and maintenance duties, as directed by management.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Follow all procedures to ensure a safe work environment, as well as the safety of our guests.
- Follow instructions on safe use of all chemicals/cleaning materials.
- Uphold AMC's Business Practice Standards and ensure compliance with company procedures and programs.
- Maintain regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts.
- Provided by AMC: Black polo
- Provided by Associate: Black pants, black shoes, socks, black belt
AMC and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. AMC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
Minimum Job Requirements
Requirements to be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).
AMC and Dreamscape have joined forces to bring a groundbreaking interactive experience that brings virtual reality to a venue near you. This platform was created to be able to track up to 8 people simultaneously in-real time and render them as avatars inside a computer-generated world. This new storytelling technology gives people the opportunity to step directly into a story and watch it unfold around them as they explore cinematic worlds, with characters and creatures never thought possible. Each Dreamscape adventure is created to be a shared experience where we get the opportunity to explore, learn and enjoy the adventure together.
275 Easton Town Center
Pay Rate Type
Estimated Work Hours
Based on business needs.