Virtual Reality Gaming Associate
|Published||March 26, 2023|
|Location||New Orleans, LA|
To deliver on the Audubon mission, the Virtual Reality Gaming Operator will:
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
* Interact and educate guest about gaming experience.
* Smile and greet guest warmly upon entering and farewell to guest leaving.
* As the Ambassador, assist with guest request and answering questions.
* Provide timely and accurate service while managing wait times.
* Resolve issues promptly and communicate information to Supervisor / Manager.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience.
* Ensure set up, maintains, and repairs for all equipment.
* Organize and inventory all equipment.
* Ensure the safety and cleaning of all equipment after each ride experience.
* Communicate problems or broken equipment to immediate Supervisor / Manager.
* Follow cash handling procedures and POS operations.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
* Handle all transactions and follow proper cash handling procedures at POS.
* Opening and closing preparations.
* Assist Gift Shop after closing Gaming area.
* Identify and communicate challenges to the Supervisor / Manager
The above listed duties are general statements of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. They do not exclude other duties as assigned.
To deliver on the Audubon service promise, the Virtual Reality Gaming Operator will:
* Make eye contact with every customer encounter, smile at every person, offer friendly phrases and greetings.
* Wear identification badge.
* Walk individual to destination instead of pointing; offer assistance to people who look confused.
* Assume ownership of potential safety hazards (wipe-up spill, pick up trash). Always have the camera-ready look.
* Maintain positive attitude, pleasant tone of voice (remember it is not what you say, but how you say it).
* Coach coworkers on service expectations.
* Utilize the power of teamwork to give excellent service.
* Know when to involve management.
* Know the answers to questions or seek out the answers.
* Utilize proper phone etiquette (answer phone within three rings, smile before answering call, ask for permission and wait for response before placing caller on hold).
* Ensure work area is free of food, drink, socialization, and personal business.
* Follow Dress Code Policy on clothing and grooming.
* Keep unpleasant concerns behind closed doors (vent backstage).
* Six months of retail or cash handling preferred.
* Prior exposure to entertainment industry as cashier, guest service attendant, or tour guide.
* High school diploma
Licensure/Certification: not applicable
Software Requirements: Microsoft Outlook
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, scanner, phone and copy machine.
1. Sedentary Work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
2. Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 40 pounds.
3. Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
4. Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
5. Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
6. Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
7. Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
8. Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
1. Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
2. Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
3. May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
4. Constant contact with co-workers required.
5. Affinity for animals preferred.
6. Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
7. Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.