|Published||August 1, 2022|
|Location||San Jose, CA|
Manager: Head of Mental Health Services
Role Summary: As a Virtual Mental Health Therapist at Tia, your role in this transformative health-tech company will be instrumental in supporting our collaborative care model by upholding principles of excellent, available, compassionate, and holistic mental health care. You will work as part of a proactive and integrative virtual mental health team alongside our primary care, mental health, and psychiatric service lines conducting one-on-one highly-tailored mental health therapy to address physical, emotional, and behavioral aspects of health. You will also be involved in conducting mental health intakes, safety assessments, crisis interventions and referral services as needed.
About the Role
- Part-Time (15-19hrs/week)
- Work committed hours and maintain a consistent schedule to support your patient caseload
- Provide individual therapy and mental health intakes, developing treatment plans and providing quality services within your areas of expertise
- Conduct safety assessments / support and referrals as indicated
- Attend virtual education meetings as able (or watch video recordings) and stay abreast of new techniques and whole health care
- Engage in group supervision and manager 1v1s
- Complete timely documentation using our custom platform for an accurate and complete medical record
- You will see members and be licensed in at least one of our markets (NY, CA, or AZ state)
- Compassion & understanding that people's emotions are their reality
- Shared decision-making
- Integrity in patient care
- Holistic patient care
- Personalized care
- Be driven to achieve excellence
- Multiple tools in the tool kit
- Compassionately listen to patient problems
- Adaptability in an ever changing start-up environment
- Clear communication
- Escalating effectively
- Skilled at collaborating cross functionally
- Demonstrate compassion and composure under pressure
- Carry the emotional unload of patients through a full day of patient work without showing the burden to patients
- Problem identification + prioritize them
- Strong knowledge and a deep understanding of mental health therapies and motivation and desire to deliver these services with the highest quality and ethical standards
- Creation of a patient-centered, comprehensive and coherent care plan
- Training in dealing with at least one of the core following issues: depression / MAD, acute anxiety and stress, grief / bereavement, and / or gender and sexual identity, sexual assault / trauma, relationships, eating disorders / body dysmorphic disorder,
- Knowledge and expertise in facilitating extended mental healthcare interventions (ie. referrals and social service resources)
- Training in one of the following areas is a plus: CBT, DBT, motivational interviewing, and/ or mindfulness
Education and Experience
- A current license in mental health (for example - LCSW, LMHC, LMFT, LPCC etc) in NY, CA or AZ state
- Experience in providing direct mental health treatment
- Experience in overseeing the development of patient-centered treatment plans
- Join a talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Remote role with flexibility to work from home and ability to live anywhere
- No Show Protection - Therapists get paid even when a patient does not show up for their session
- Market competitive salary plus performance-based bonuses.
- Career advancement opportunities
- No required call
- Monthly in-house professional development
- Support team for scheduling
- Continuing education stipend
- Engage in ongoing education with clinical leadership on integrative medicine practices
- Opportunities to participate in research
- Motivated patient population
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women's healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia's "Whole Woman, Whole Life" care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women's health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger - setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its "whole-woman, whole-life" model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We'll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We're building a world class team to reimagine women's healthcare. We're an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We're united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence - in people, process and product. This is our northstar value ;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We're looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia's highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation , reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset - said another way, we're energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey - not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again - because accepting "this is just the way it is" is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance - a maker mentality that involves "rolling up your sleeves", but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock "rock star" potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the "bigness" and the "boldness" of Tia's mission and vision - a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia's mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we've intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women's healthcare that's truly excellent . We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a "one and done." We have not and will not "get it right" with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target - one we have not and will not ever fully "achieve." By design, we will never be "done" with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit - the journey, not the finish line - that truly embodies excellence.
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company's vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!