|Published||August 11, 2022|
SAIC is seeking a qualified AR/VR/XR/MR Technical Training Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program in Orlando, Florida.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) training and analysis standards supporting the US Air Force. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the Department of Defense (DoD). The USAF has a M&S initiative focusing on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision making, and enhance human performance. The role of this position is to support the M&S Foundations (MSF) Division in AFAMS.
AFAMS is looking for an individual who has a wide understanding of training using AR/VR/XR/MR.
- This is a non-developer opportunity; however, the position is highly technical.
- The candidate must understand various use cases for AR/VR/XR/MR solution accelerate training.
- They must have expertise in the architectures that support the data requirements and system requirements needed for AR/VR/XR/MR.
- The candidate must possess a thorough understanding of game engines and the technology used to develop their products.
- The proper candidate must have an ability to quickly develop vignettes that can be handed off to AR/VR/XR/MR developers.
- The candidate must also have the ability to research and develop ideas surrounding edge technology in the AR/VR/XR/MR space.