Virtual/Augmented Reality Simulation Specialist
|Published||March 14, 2023|
|Location||Burr Ridge, IL|
Virtual/Augmented Reality Simulation Specialist
CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company. Driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground, which centers on Innovation, Sustainability and Productivity, the Company provides the strategic direction, R&D capabilities, and investments that enable the success of its five core Brands: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and STEYR, supplying 360 agriculture applications from machines to implements and the digital technologies that enhance them; and CASE and New Holland Construction Equipment delivering a full lineup of construction products that make the industry more productive. Across a history spanning over two centuries, CNH Industrial has always been a pioneer in its sectors and continues to passionately innovate and drive customer efficiency and success, driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial's 35,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world.
The VR/AR Simulation Specialist is involved in supporting product development through the use of Virtual analysis and immersive simulation. They work with the product teams to generate accurate virtual representations of proposed and developed products. Virtual model development and testing is used throughout the design process to supplement or replace physical prototyping. The role is responsible for generating accurate models and replicating functionality as necessary to support the needed testing. They ensure the smooth and efficient use of VR and AR technologies to support the product team's needs.
* Usage of the VR/AR hardware and software to aid in the product development process.
* Creation of immersive models. Usually requiring assembly and manipulation of CAD data to produce final complete model.
* Conducting design reviews using immersive technology (including 3D display, Head Mounted Display, and body tracking). These involve usage and manipulating VR models to visualize results and design issues.
* Virtual Prototyping. This involves using virtual models to solve real-world design problems. Creating the most accurate virtual representation of a future physical machine. This can be done through interactive VR/AR or static CGI Rendering.
* Knowledge and upkeep of VR equipment. The role is responsible for the functioning of the VR lab when in use. Must be able to troubleshoot hardware (both computer and immersive) and software problems.
* Writing reports for summarizing the analysis results and reviewing all project-related analysis results for ensuring the accuracy of project reports
This position is eligible for HYBRID flexible work arrangements.
Role pays from $69,000-$120,000 and is eligible for the company bonus plan. (Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role.)
Compensation & Benefits: CNH Industrial offers a wide variety of benefits that not only encourages wellness and preventive care, but we also provide the right tools and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, flexible work policies, opportunities for self-development and paid leave for specific activities. Click here for more information!
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Game Development, Ergonomics, Engineering or a related field.
* Experience with 3D Displays, Head Mounted Displays, Head Tracking, Body Tracking
* Use of VR/AR technology for Simulation and Virtual Prototyping
* Experience in Programming on C#, UNITY
* Experience in software similar to Teamcenter Vis Mockup, DeltaGen, PiXYZ, Unity, Unreal, Creo
* Knowledge of computer graphics hardware and/or immersive hardware
* Knowledge of image generation and rendering
US applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here. CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Read about our company's commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Canada applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, disability, marital status, family status, age, or any other ground prohibited by applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Need help finding the right job?
Click here to get started.