|Location||Falls Church, VA|
|Date Posted||December 4, 2021|
Virtual Construction Associate / BIM Associate
HITT Contracting Inc. seeks a full-time VC associate to join our Virtual Construction team in the Falls Church, Virginia headquarters office. This entry to mid-level VC associate will lead the implementation of BIM and Virtual Construction technology on a project level. Additionally, the associate will act as the point of contact for project teams and subcontractors involved in VC coordination and implementation. The Virtual Construction department is engaged in leading the adoption of new technology, research, training, and R&D of new tools, such as 3D Printing, and Mixed Reality.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, high-performing, and has strong communication skills. Key to this position is the ability to multi-task and to remain cool while working under multiple deadlines. Desired candidates are self-starters, highly-engaged and disciplined, able to dispatch their duties while working in-office and remotely. The position requires attention to detail while still maintaining department and project goals.
- Lead the 3D coordination with subcontractor modeling efforts, execute clash detection, run coordination meetings, resolve conflicts.
- Create and/or augment models as needed to insure comprehensive coordination, including: architectural, civil, construction, mechanical, structural, operations and maintenance.
- Update and maintain models to insure they are current to contractual and constructability requirements.
- Communicate coordination issues and interact with clients, architects, designers, engineers, subcontractors, and HITT project team to foster a collaborative environment and proactively manage model based conflicts.
- Help develop new and improved VC workflows specific to project needs.
- Support documenting, teaching, and promoting the integration of BIM tools and VC processes company wide.
- Assist in leveraging BIM models in quantification, coordination, QA/QC, creation of RFIs, constructability visuals, existing condition, and various analysis of the information embedded within the models.
- Support marketing and project pursuits by creating VC related graphics, animations and presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Construction Management, Building Science, Engineering, Architecture) or equivalent experience.
- Experience - preferred two years of practical experience in design, drafting, engineering, and/or construction;
- Proficiency in understanding construction documents, shop drawings, and other design communication tools;
- Working knowledge of Revit, Navisworks, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current BIM tools and VC processes;
- Passion for learning and adoption of new technology;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and with teams;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
HITT Contracting, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HITT Contracting, Inc. promotes a drug-free workplace.