|Date Posted||July 24, 2021|
Unreal Engine C++ Developer - Warehouse Automation
OPEX is a global leader in robotic warehouse automation system design, development, manufacturing, production, installation, and service. Our warehouse automation systems incorporate the latest mechanical, electrical, robotic and software technologies. We specialize in next generation goods-to-person (G2P), sortation, and warehouse control software & consulting. OPEX's customers are among the largest e-commerce, consumer retail, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and package delivery companies in the world. We offer a vibrant, collaborative, and entrepreneurial work environment with team members who care about producing quality products.
OPEX Corporation is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help create innovative Robotic Warehouse Automation products. This position will be responsible for the design and implementation of an Unreal Engine based dynamic virtual environment using static architectural CAD data and real time sensor data.
This role requires a team-oriented, seasoned software development expert who is a hands-on coder, but also able to lead a growing team. This person will be expected to:
- Develop well-crafted and thoroughly tested software. Our customers have unique demands which necessitate unique and creative testing solutions.
- Hold themselves and the entire team accountable to the highest standards. Code is merged with no warnings and all tests passing.
- Ensure team is using contemporary software development methods and tools.
- Work closely with Systems Engineering team on solution design, and when necessary technology selection for new initiatives. We like to use the right tool for the job.
- Empower individuals and the team to be successful.
- Embrace culture of continuous learning and improvement. Take what you learn and challenge status quo.
- Support transition to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) development methodology as the company experiences hyper-growth.
- Improve quality and efficiency, in part by expanding use of automated tests.
- Mentor others in technical and non-technical areas.
- Deliver large, complex projects with quality.
- Coordinate multiple high priority tasks.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of Technical/Engineering experience in a Software Development organization.
- Prior experience working in a New Product Development environment is strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of C/C++ experience is strongly preferred.
- Working Knowledge of 3D Math/Trig is required.
- 5+ years of experience with Unreal Engine including:
- Unreal source code
- Visual Studio Debugging
- Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality experience is desirable.
- WxWidgets and JavaFX experience is desirable.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science.
- Demonstrated ability to "fail fast", learn and rapidly iterate towards a solution.
- Exceptional listening, verbal, presentation, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel to client locations when necessary.
- Employee may be working in an office, lab or production environment with occasional travel to customer sites.
- Some walking between OPEX facilities.
- Employee may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.