|Published||January 20, 2023|
Apply to Job
Technical Lead Director, Display Backplane Design Team, Facebook Reality Labs
Apply to Job
Location pin icon
Sunnyvale, CA | Redmond, WA | Burlingame, CA+ 2 more
Apply to Job
Our silicon team is pushing the state-of-the-art with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, power delivery, interconnect, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. We work across the entire stack of system design, from transistors, architectures, firmware, and algorithms. Our chips will enable AR and VR devices to mix and match the real and virtual worlds throughout the day. As a Technical Lead Director, Display Backplane Design Team, you will be focused on display backplanes, working with a world-class group of engineers creating high-performance breakthrough displays for AR/VR systems. Your team will focus on delivering silicon chips suitable for integration into AR/VR displays, but in a way that focuses not just on a series of chips but rather holistically across the entire display system. Managing designers, tools, flows, and methodologies will be a key part of the job -- but so will comprehending technologies and learnings spanning semiconductors to human perceptual requirements. Curating a team able to think creatively and positively about innovative solutions, breakthrough verification strategies, and ensuring user experience, security, and privacy. We value excellent communication skills and strong cross-functional teamwork.
Technical Lead Director, Display Backplane Design Team, Facebook Reality Labs Responsibilities
* Curate, cultivate, and develop a team to develop multiple models of display systems.
* Develop multiple models of display systems.
* Build methodologies for validating performance and user experiences.
* Work closely with a cross-functional team spanning silicon compute engines, systems architects, perceptual scientists, and device physicists.
* Manage simulations and performance models with a strong focus on automation.
* Think constantly about verification, user security, and user privacy.
* Travel both domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
* M.S. or Ph.D. in EE, ECE, or related field.
* Experience with Verilog, SystemVerilog, or System C for system modeling.
* Experience with a broad set of semiconductor tools such as UVM, ASIC flows, and timing closure.
* Experience communicating clearly and working effectively in a collaborative team.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
$202,000/year to $273,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits