|Published||August 7, 2022|
Technical Artist, Horizon/VR Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with the engineering, prototyping, and design teams to define and develop content.
- Design, manage and maintain the pipeline from engineers to artists and designers through to deployment.
- Optimize assets and content creation workflows through improved tooling.
- Instructing artists and designers on asset creation, modeling, and texturing best practices.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety of technical and artistic tasks.
- Quickly solve issues and unify vision with cross-functional peers.
- 3+ years of experience in game/VR development as a Technical Artist.
- Experience with profiling and optimization techniques.
- Experience working with shaders.
- Experience creating 3D pipeline tools including asset management, performance testing, and asset/pipeline validation.
- Experience collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience communicating across team members including engineers and artists with demonstrated techniques for improving communication.
- Experience making tools and automation for one or more packages like Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Knald, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience shipping products with stringent runtime performance constraints, such as complex mobile or 3D applications or games.
- Knowledge of low level real-time graphics pipeline concepts.
- Prototype, profile, and optimize shaders.
- Experience with Unity.
- Experience with proprietary in-house engines.
- Experience working with Git and/or other revision control software
- Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, GearVR, etc.).
- Knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Experience building applications for mobile platforms.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].