Staff Technical Product Manager
|Published||January 8, 2022|
Job Description Summary
GE Aviation's Customer Training Education Center (CTEC) provides in-person and virtual engine maintenance training for over 2500 GE and CFM customers around the world each year. As the DT Leader for this important and highly-visible organization, you will partner with site leadership and instructors to continuously evolve and implement a digital strategy -- including digital tools, next gen technology, and digital course content -- that provides customers a contemporary, world-class training experience and enables Lean-based continuous improvement for how training is developed and delivered.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Provide overall DT thought and strategy leadership for all global CTEC sites.
• Develop and execute product vision and roadmap for CTEC University, on-site security tools, remote training software, mixed reality tools, digital signage tools (e.g., Industry Weapon), and integrations with other GE Aviation business systems (e.g., Salesforce, Portal Admin).
• Own and manage CTEC DT requirements, implementation, and administration of DT tools while partnering with the business to enhance their DT footprint and training experience throughout the site.
• Spend ~50% of your time building, developing, and managing learning content and software for CTEC University and next generation technologies (e.g., Mixed Reality – HoloLens, SCORM).
• Manage LMS data security reviews and ensure DT tools are compliant with security standards
• Develop strategy and implementation for onsite DT hardware and tablet support
• Manage CTEC digital budget including defining funding for future business needs
• Interact with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, demos, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
• Possess a deep understanding of the technology stack and provides administrative DT support.
• Effectively support and improve DT competency throughout the CTEC team, including Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
• Partner with other organizations to share and leverage re-use opportunities.
• Manage relationships with 3rd party vendors to ensure CTEC needs are addressed with quality and speed.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college with minimum of 4 years of professional experience OR Associates degree with minimum of 7 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma with minimum of 9 years of professional experience
Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Technical Product Management or IT
Note: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience
-Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Proficiency in Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality
• Basic proficiency in CAD modeling
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
• Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making.
• Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others to improve digital acumen.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and priorities and be self-directed while maintaining high degree of organization
• Demonstrated ability to balance value propositions for competing stakeholders
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No