|Published||August 5, 2022|
HTC Creative Labs
HTC Creative Labs is a product design, prototyping and incubation studio that provides design strategy for all of HTC and collaborates directly with teams in Taipei to bring new designs to market. This team is responsible for much of HTC’s most significant product and experience design work over the past decade. Our current focus is on creating next generation XR software and hardware experiences for the HTC VIVE brand. We are a small, cross-functional team of designers, artists, developers, and researchers with the feel of a startup. Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
About Your Next Opportunity
HTC Creative Labs is looking for a passionate Sr. VR Prototyping Engineer who will build and deliver next generation experience prototypes that will drive the design and definition of future HTC VIVE VR experiences.
This role is located in Berkeley, CA.
- Analyze, propose, and validate solutions to vaguely defined technical problems
- Create and manage the structure of software projects, defining components, and interfaces that is flexible for collaboration and feature expansion
- Work closely with key stakeholders in design, user research and program management to define new kinds of VR experiences and find creative ways to prototype the future with today’s technology
- Play a key role in building and iterating on interactive prototypes that embody the vision of new design concepts, ideas, and interaction models in VR
- Support team members with your technical knowledge to help everyone push the boundaries of user interaction in meaningful ways
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- 5+ years of experience building clean, responsive, and performant PC and mobile applications
- Ability to analyze, propose, and validate solutions to vaguely defined technical problems
- Ability to create and manage the structure of software projects, defining components, and interfaces that is flexible for collaboration and feature expansion
- Advanced knowledge of Unity development workflow and project structure
- Advanced knowledge of 3D game development tools (Unity, Unreal or related)
- Strong understanding of VR/AR/MR development
- Familiar with Android development and using Android SDK Platform Tools
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical ideas to colleagues with and without a technical background
- A real passion for learning new technologies, programming environments, and languages
- Understanding of 3D rendering pipelines, performance profiling and optimization
- Advanced knowledge of Unity UI, Input, physics simulation, editor scripting and package management
- Experience with image processing and computer vision
- Experience working with hardware components and prototypes
- Experience working with 3D modeling tools and understanding of the 3D art pipeline
We Should Get to Know Each Other if You:
- Are thrilled by the chance to influence product experiences that millions of passionate HTC users enjoy
- Obsess about creating design solutions that offer both functional and emotional benefits
- See product design and development as both a cultural and strategic activity
- Are excited to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
HTC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.
This organization participates in E-Verify.