|February 8, 2023
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Senior Principal VR Engineer will join the logistics Virtual Reality (VR) development team that designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs our application software systems containing logical and mathematical solutions for military 3D game-based training. The Sr. Principal VR Engineer determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities, output requirements, input data acquisition, and programming techniques; and ensures software standards are met. The ideal candidate must be highly familiar with commercial and/or open-source game engines and the techniques they use including shadow casting, object occlusion, LODs, ambient occlusion, animation blending, shaders, batching, skeletal support, particle systems, and networking.
- 9 Years of Experience with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience could be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Strong technical skills. Must be active learner of hardware and software applications
- Ability to quickly grasp and communicate technical subjects clearly and concisely
- Experience with one or more of the following: C#, Java coding, Unity3D programming and/or ESRI GIS software
- Candidates with any of the following preferred qualifications will receive preferential hiring consideration:
- Experience with Unity 3D development
- Experience with ESRI GIS software
- Experience with 3D simulations / gaming technology
- Strong interviewing and listening skills; must be able to ask the right questions of the subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Strong usability and testing skills; must take an active role in validation of documentation
- Good organizational skill
- Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI
Salary Range: $123,800 USD - $185,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.