|Published||July 28, 2022|
|Location||Brooklyn Center, MN|
Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Join the team that brings Target guests an immersive shopping experience with augmented reality.
As a Senior Android Software Engineer on the Creative Visualization team you will:
• Keep abreast of technology trends and advances in mobile and wearable technologies
• Research, evaluate and provide objective feedback on technologies
• Inform innovation design with relevant technology insights
• Develop fully functional prototypes to objectively test against hypotheses
• Be able to produce clear and concise technical deliverables for internal and external use
• Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in software design & development
• 3+ years of experience developing apps for Android
• Experience developing in Kotlin
• In-depth knowledge of Android 3D/AR frameworks (ARCore, Google Filament, OpenGL)
• Experience with distributing mobile applications via public app stores and/or enterprise channels
• Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data using services (e.g., JSON, REST APIs, etc)
• Experience performance profiling and tuning consumer facing mobile applications
• Excellent hands on skills with Android application development tools, including Android Studio, Android SDK and ADT
• Heroic get-it-done self-starter attitude
• Good communicator and team player with strong organizational skills
• Proactively helps drive innovation within the company
• An interest and passion for AR/VR technologies
• Experience in 3D graphics, real time graphics, or 3D math
• Experience integrating with Maven and using other third party frameworks tools and SDKs, such as Retrofit, RxJava and Glide
• Experience with continuous delivery in mobile, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Design, code review, static analysis, continuous integration, automation and functional testing.
• Experience integrating social media platforms, including Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens
• Experience with iOS development
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $81,400 to $146,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1- for additional information. - provided by Dice