|Date Posted||June 3, 2021|
Systematically develops and promotes technology solutions; ensuring the developed solution meets both functional and non – functional requirements.
- Develop and promote technical solutions which support the business requirements within area of expertise.
- Ensures embedded product development requirements are met and design quality maintained when introducing new product design approaches. Considers the cost effectiveness of proposed solution(s).
- Set FAST goals and provide feedback to FAST goals of mentees
- Should be innovative and technically sound for project analysis in depth.
- Uphold the standards and best practices by adhering to them in his/her work as well as implementing them in the team’s work by reviewing and monitoring.
- Provide innovative contribution within the team by coming up with ideas to automate repetitive work.
- Able to mentor developers in such a way that they can progress to the next level of growth.
- Conduct peer reviews and demand high quality standards from the reviewed deliverables.
- Conduct technical assessments for hiring candidates to developer roles.
- Participate in customer business review meetings. Influence and improve customer satisfaction
- Review Process &Audit Reports and Release Readiness ZBB (Zero Bug Build) Review Report.
- Response to RFP’s on time with highly competitive technical and commercial offerings.
- Responsible of delivering application to the customer as per the functional operational and quality requirements
Measures of Outcomes:
- Adherence to Embedded design Quality process and standards
- Quick turnaround on multiple alternative solutions and determine the most suitable
- Number of technical issues uncovered during project execution
- Number of design and test defects identified post-delivery based on project SLA
- Adherence to testing methodologies and compliance process
- Adherence to project schedule and Number of new ideas implemented and patented per business requirements
- Percent of voluntary attrition
- On time completion of mandatory compliance trainings.
- Team management and productivity improvement as per Project SLA.
- Cost effective solution deployment.
- Adhere to organizational policies and processes
- Conversion of business opportunities into successful project wins as per organization's benchmark.
- Sign-off on embedded design architecture/LLD sequence/use case diagrams and linking to customer requirements
- Proposal elicitation RFQRFP and finalize. Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using problem solving techniques; performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- Design the embedded SW and code as per design patterns coding standards templates and checklists.
- Maintain best coding and engineering practices
- Review and create unit test cases scenarios and execution
- Review test plan created by testing team
- Provide clarifications to the testing team
- 100% code coverage branch coverage MC/DC coverage for embedded product deliverables.
- Sign off templates checklists guidelines standards for design/process/development
- Sign off deliverable documents – Design documentation Requirements Test cases/results
- Define and govern configuration management plan
- Ensure compliance from the team
- Advise embedded software developers on design and development of feature / component with deeper understanding of the business problem being addressed for the client
- Learn more about the customer domain and identify opportunities to provide value additions to customers
- Complete relevant domain certifications
Status Reporting: :
- highlight project risks and rewards to the business team.
- Sign-off design reviews add value and take responsibility for the design and overall quality of the embedded software
- Sign-off customer release process and packages.
- Sign-off project estimates of effort and resource planning for projects kick-off.
- Sign-off documents on the technical side of the project schedule with estimates and identified risks
Interface with Customer:
- Clarify requirements and provide guidance to development team and present design options to customers
- Work closely with customer architects in finalizing design
- Proactively influence customer thought process
- Consider NPS Score of customer and delivery performance
- Manage delivery of embedded product & software.
- Support product architect and business team for the project delivery
Assists others in resolving complex technical problems:
- Manage all aspects of problem management activities investigating the root cause of problems and recommends SMART (specific measurable achievable realistic timely) solutions
Development and review of Standards & Documentation:
- Maintenance of software process improvement activities; communicating to a range of individuals teams and other bodies
- Set FAST goals and provide feedback
- Understand aspirations of team members and provide guidance opportunities etc.
- Ensure team members are upskilled
- Ensure team is engaged in project
- Proactively identify attrition risks and work with BSE & business for retention measures
- Advocate on relevant domain/technology certification
- Ability to design and code Embedded C C++ programming (OOP) Java and STL for product level.
- Aptitude to create and execute one or more of the following domains:
- Fuse / Power domains / Pre-OS design / OS enabling / HAL /Security crypto engines.
- Ability to propose multiple solution approaches using various technology stacks across embedded product domain
- Ability to do Linux / Android kernel patching Back porting kernel patches and OOT merging; upstreaming to community
- Ability to deeply analyze complex software systems and de-compose in context of architecture view
- Ability to reverse engineer source code written in C / C++ and generate requirements; write equivalent code in a higher level language.
- Capability to configure diagnose troubleshoot and support AUTOSAR (MICROSAR) embedded software system (e.g. OS RTE and .arxml generation BSW modules) as well as application software components.
- Debugging tools like DPO/DSO MSO Protocol analyser Network analyser Audio analyser Video analyser Spectrum analyser and JTAG Emulators
- Facility to handle OS Scheduler Pre-emptive Round robin and Cooperative scheduling related work
- Ability to handle SW development in area of CAN Diagnostics Vehicle Functions etc.
- Ability to select appropriate IoT & IO protocols as per problem statement.
- Ability to understand safety critical quality standards (MISRA ISO26262 EN50128).
- Capacity to work under pressure determine dependencies risks facilitate planning and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to build confidence with customers by meeting the deliverables on time with quality.
- Ability to estimate effort time and resources required for developing / debugging features / components
- Ability to make decisions on appropriate Software / Hardware’s.
- Ability to code on motor controller FW PLDC Controller AC Controller domains.
- Skill to coordinate with multiple technology teams program and product teams and test engineering
- Capable of understanding hardware schematics and design/implement associated embedded software.
- Able to teach best practices for the debug of software and execution of root cause analysis.
- Capacity to create requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Shall have the ability to maintain high motivation levels and positive dynamics
- Create and articulate impactful technical presentations
- Follow high level of business etiquette in emails and other business communication
- Drive conference calls with customers and answer customer questions
- Knowledge of electronics HW simulation RTL and VHDL Microcontrollers RF domains
- Knowledge of product development lifecycle Testing methodology and standards (Water Fall/ Agile)
- Knowledge Familiar with Wired (USB Ethernet PLC SCADA etherCAT Modbus RSxxx & Wireless technologies like NFC Bluetooth Wi-fi Zigbee
- Knowledge of Automation frameworks (e.g. Hudson / Jenkins)
- Comprehension and Knowhow on Diesel and Gasoline Engine Management Systems
- Knowledge of embedded algorithm integration on platform (Windows Linux and Android)
- Knowledge in Pre-Silicon Verification environments for simulation and Emulation/FPGA platform
- Experience with System Verilog IP/Subsystem and SOC development environment
- Knowledge of MISRA 2004 and 2012 Coding guidelines (PC-lint LDRA & PRQA)
- Knowledge of CAN Tools: CANoe CANalyser & CAPL programming
- Knowledge on Model- Fair understanding of Hardware schematics and communication protocols (ISO14443 ISO7816 UART I2C SPI SWP PCIe storage devices)
- Knowledge of Kernel / ASoc/ Codec/ Driver development Kernel integration user-land tests Board-bring up Soc Validation Algorithm design high performance libraries and Applications
- Understanding of software development processes such as Automotive SPICE/CMM/ASIL-A
- Knowledge regarding system performance estimation (e.g. bandwidth memory power) and characterization for concurrent use cases
- Awareness of trending technologies in Embedded Market like Artificial Intelligence Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Deep Learning Embedded security Cloud Connectivity.
- Knowledge on internals of real time operating systems e.g. uCos FreeRTOS VxWorks
- Understanding e of Agile & Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scrum/Kanban Methods
- Knowledge of architecting solutions and applications on cloud-based infrastructures.
- Knowledge of CMMI-level 5 Root Cause Analysis & ISO 27001 processes