|Published||January 17, 2023|
Space Program Virtual Reality Software and Simulation Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: NACI
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Continental US
What You'll Get to Do:
We are building the team that will take astronauts back to the Moon and on to Mars and are looking for an aerospace, electrical, computer science, or computer engineer. The position requires a background in Computer Graphics/VR/AR to support our efforts to continue developing software technology used to model and simulate the space environment and complex space systems for astronaut training, extra-vehicular activity (EVA) planning and review, and future human exploration vehicle design review. Candidates should have great interest in VR/AR software development with experience, research and / or thesis backgrounds in the topic area, have had an outstanding academic career, and most of all, possess a great passion to contribute to our Nation's exploration of space.
This position requires a self-motivated, capable person wanting to work in a team-oriented, friendly, but demanding, environment. The ideal individual should have strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong customer relationship skills.
Above all, the individual will have a positive, can-do attitude, be flexible, and be willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise.
More About The Role
In addition to outstanding technical expertise, the individual must be very people savvy, possess a positive team-player attitude, and be an articulate speaker able to communicate complex technical ideas in a convincing manner.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident for access to USG Facilities.
* B.S. in Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines plus a minimum 3 years' experience in development of VR/AR system using the Unity or UE4/5 environments.
* New M.S. graduate, but requires 6-12 months relevant work in aerospace systems and/or VR / AR experience using the Unity or UE4/5 environment (which can include graduate student research, student internships, co-ops, or support of university computing labs or research facilities, etc.)
* Strong computer and software skills in both Linux and Windows environments using C/C++.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
* Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
* Highly developed coordination and organization skills.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* M.S. Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with 2 or more years of experience with Unity and/or UE4/5.
* Course work, internship, or other experience in space vehicle systems and operations, and aerospace dynamics.
* Human computer interaction system design experience.
* Experience with Vive / Lighthouse system, Oculus Rift and/or Quest system.
* Experience with other graphical tools such as Blender, AC3D, Maya, Photoshop, GIMP, etc., a plus.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 60 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.