|Published||July 28, 2022|
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security. To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking an advance technologies software engineering manager to lead programs for development of simulation and scenarios in VR and AR. The position involves leading projects teams to develop immersive simulations for training professionals in military procedures. The manager will work towards integration of VR/AR with other Lockheed Martin organizations, contract, programs and LOBs. The manager will be responsible for new business, contracts, leading virtual teams and integration of new technologies with a focus on VR/AR hardware and mobile devices. Candidates must have a solid management and technology background. Position offers a great opportunity to work on cutting-edge research in the field of VR and AR.
• Developing the future of military training by working on cutting-edge technologies
• Manage large scale virtual workforce (20+ members)
• Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
• Experance working in Unity3D/Unreal to create clean, organized, optimized, reusable code modules that can be used over and over again for multiple projects
• Working with multiple 3rd Party SDKs to integrate AR/VR tracking, computer vision and haptics into Unity
• Lead teams to build 3D simulations using the latest in XR technology
• Continue to drive and adapt the LM AR/VR frameworks to stay current with commercial market trends.
- Experience with Augmented Reality and/or Virtual Reality technologies.
- Proven management experience
- Experience with Virtual Maintenance Training. - Experience with the AR/VR frameworks technology platform and development process. - 20+ years working in defense industry
- 20+ year's experience implementing 3D games and/or 3D simulations
- 20+ year's experience working with SME or field experts - 10+ year's experience with programing languages design patterns, event delegates, asynchronous functions, data structures and algorithms
- 15+ year's experience working with a team in a professional capacity
- Experience with Virtual Reality in game engines or programs (Unity3D or Unreal preferred)
- High standards for work quality, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to mentor employees and allow growth
- Able to manage large scale teams (20-30 members)
- Interface with customers
Previous experience with innovation and implementation on a variety of contracts and programs
• Experience with rendering pipelines on different platforms, profiling and optimization techniques
• Experience with development cost estimates, contracts and deliveries
• Experience with project management • Experience with iOS development
• Experience network protocols communication (ex: UDP/TCP, HTTP, Bluetooth)
• Experience with 3D modeling tools and pipelines(ex: Maya, 3D Max, or Blender) • Experience with game engines with external data elements
• Aglie certification
job.Qualifications Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about. As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.