|Location||Menlo Park, CA|
|Date Posted||October 3, 2021|
Facebook is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems and is reshaping how people experience entertainment, socialize with others and be productive and collaborative. Our team launched Quest 2 in 2020 - our fastest growing VR headset ever - that has already greatly surpassed the user base of the original Quest. Our platform has a thriving third party development ecosystem with multiple dozens of million+ revenue VR titles. This position presents a unique opportunity to join a team core to the VR experience as we create the foundation for VR to be the next general computing platform. Come work alongside experts in software, hardware and research to create the technology that makes AR/VR pervasive and universal. The potential of VR to connect the world is immense—and we’re just getting started.VR Shell Input team’s mission is to create intuitive user interaction and effective text input. Imagine a world where users interact with VR environments and apps as well as they interact with the real world. The interactions are predictable, accurate, smooth and efficient. You will enable users to choose and transition freely and smoothly among the input methods available to them: controllers, hands, headset, voice, smart phone, mouse and keyboard, and more.In this role, you will be supporting the team building and implementing platform features that push the state-of-the-art for interactions within a VR environment between users and their applications. This role has a heavy focus on end user experience as users are depending to have their interactions faithfully represented into the VR environment. A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, has strong communication skills, and experience driving projects successfully across multiple teams working on different areas of a product stack.
- Manage engineers teams by mentoring, empowering their growth, and helping them deliver impact.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement.
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts.
- Use technical expertise and cross-functional relationships to identify strategic, long-term, and ambitious engineering goals, and intermediate milestones.
- Use strategic influence and cross-functional relationships to drive progress on goals.
- Recruit engineers, identifying talent gaps and the people required to fill them.
- Create career development plans, manage performance and performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field.
- 4+ years experience managing engineers.
- 10+ years of work experience developing and launching software products.
- Experience leading development teams shipping software products through multiple releases.
- Experience building platforms or frameworks in the OS layer.
- Experience with Android development.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].