|Published||November 18, 2022|
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
* Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
* Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
* Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
Back to Job Navigation (About)
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
* Problem Solver
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
Back to Job Navigation (Qualifications)
"Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I'd get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company's value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I'm grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I'll be supported in doing that every step of the way."
Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
* 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
* Professional Development
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
* Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
* Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Back to Job Navigation (Benefits)
Software Engineer-Augmented Reality and/or Virtual Reality technol
Job ID: 619667BR Date posted: Nov. 15, 2022 Locations: Orlando, Florida COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking a Unity3D software developer to develop simulation and scenarios in VR and AR. The position involves developing immersive simulations for training professionals in military procedures. We utilize accurate 3D models of vehicles and equipment to interact in real time with the AR or VR elements and perform simulation scenarios. The Unity3D developer will be building simulation apps for VR/AR hardware and mobile devices. Creation of these programs will involve utilizing multiple APIs and SDKs for various applications, as well as pulling in detailed 3D models and animations and optimizing them for XR. The developer will additionally be working to integrate new and existing technologies into a comprehensive XR toolset. Candidates must have a solid computer science background. Position offers a great opportunity to work on cutting-edge research in the field of VR and AR.
* Developing the future of military training by working on cutting-edge technologies
* Building Virtual and Augmented Reality simulations and experimental prototypes
* Working in C# and Unity3D to create clean, organized, optimized, reusable code modules that can be used over and over again for multiple projects
* Working with multiple 3rd Party SDKs to integrate AR/VR tracking, computer vision and haptics into Unity
* Building amazing 3D simulations using the latest in XR technology
* Experience with Augmented Reality and/or Virtual Reality technologies.
* Experience with Virtual Maintenance Training.
* Experience with Virtual Maintenance Training with Extend 3D technology platform and development process.
* 4+ years working in Unity3D and C#
* 4+ year's experience implementing 3D games and/or 3D simulations in Unity3D
* 4+ year's experience working with animated and rigged 3D models in Unity3D
* 3+ year's experience with C++, and fluent knowledge of OOP, design patterns, event delegates, asynchronous functions, data structures and algorithms
* 1+ year's experience working with a team in a professional capacity,
* Experience with Virtual Reality in Unity3D
* High standards for work quality, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
* Willingness to mentor junior employees and 3D modelers
* Creation for 2D emulators for iOS or desktop
* Experience with rendering pipelines on different platforms, profiling and optimization techniques in VR
* Experience with automation and tool creation in Unity3D
* Experience with Graphics APIs
* Experience with Android / iOS development
* Experience with
* Experience programming network protocols communication (ex: UDP/TCP, HTTP, Bluetooth)
* Experience with 3D modeling tools (ex: Maya, 3D Max, or Blender)
* Experience with Unity3D interfacing other external data elements
* Experience with new Unity3D systems such as ECS and SRP
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent Engineering program. Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Software Type: Full-Time Shift: First