|Published||August 13, 2022|
Meta is exploring the potential of virtual and augmented reality to bring people together in new ways. We are designing technologies that help people to create, share meaningful moments, and build communities using the unique qualities of these immersive new mediums. We aim to develop experiences that put people first, defining a future where AR and VR enable us to connect with the people and content we care about like never before. As an engineer working on AR/VR at Meta, you’ll be driving efforts to create interactive experiences that provide creativity and social play experiences for people connecting through Meta AR or VR products. These experiences will explore and define the future of online social interaction. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with games, AR/VR, and other 3D interactive industry background, with an ability to rapidly prototype and turn concepts into reality through iterative product development.
Software Engineer - AR/VR Gameplay Specialist Responsibilities:
- Architect efficient and reusable systems that drive complex AR/VR applications
- Prototyping new interactions and features with an eye toward intuitive usability and feel
- Drive design and implementation for proposed playful and creative projects for Experiences in AR or VR
- Lead collaboration with multi-functional teams to achieve compelling experiences
- Engage with FB teams to understand and utilize FB graph and features that will power social UX
- 4+ years experience as an engineer shipping user-facing features on games or other 3D interactive products
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with other internal and external teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with virtual reality (Rift, VIVE, Gear VR, etc.)
- Experience with C++ and/or C# programming
- Experience with a combination of Windows, Android, and game console programming
- Experience with Unity 3D
- Experience with real time networked features (i.e., synchronous multiplayer games)
- Experience in UX design or game design
- Strong understanding of 3D math, linear algebra, and techniques
- Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].