Software Developer Game Engine & VR Specialist with Security Clearance
|Published||March 3, 2023|
Role and Responsibilities Job Description Who We Are: * CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by revolutionizing our customers' training and critical operations with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency and readiness.
* CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAE's Defense and Security business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
* CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the world while helping each other succeed.
What We Have to Offer: * Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility that promotes work-life balance
* A work environment where all employees are valued, respected and safe
* Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take initiatives and make decisions
* Recognition, professional development, advancement and having fun!
Summary CAE-USA is seeking a multi-talented SW Engineer with significant experience working with Unreal Engine to join our Research and Product development team in Arlington, Texas. This team consists of 3Dartists, SW engineers, UI developers and game engine developers that create innovative 3D training solutions for desktop presentation, AR, VR and flight simulation. We have delivered highly-immersive solutions to both government and commercial clients and this opportunity is to join our team and become a key player in advancing our state-of-art product line in the 3D training industry. As a member of our team, you will focus on developing PC and VR training solutions in Unreal Engine 4/5. Our product line develops and integrates 3D digital twins of commercial and military platforms into a highly-immersive and interactive experience at extreme levels of visual fidelity. This role requires an experienced and passionate Unreal Engine Developer with strong skills in building, debugging, and supporting complex solutions in Unreal Engine 4/5. He/she should possess a thorough understanding of real-time rendering workflows, as well as a strong understanding of Python and C++. Essential Duties and Responsibilities Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. * Apply computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application
* Work closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system
* Support and participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test.
* Participate in peer reviews, identify, track and repair defects
* Utilize a variety of software languages (i.e., C++, C#, Java, Python) on Windows, Linux, and mobile platforms and apply these technologies to the AR, VR, gaming, and mobile computing domains
* Implementing, debugging and optimizing training applications and products using Unreal Engine
Qualifications and Education Requirements * Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
* 3+ years of engineering experience with UE4/5 with strong understanding of all aspects of the UE Editor, Blueprint System and Engine
* Solid C++ skills with an ability to modify/customize/build engine source code
* Experience with Visual Studio
* Experience with converting UE blueprints to C++
* Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role. Preferred Skills * Experience with developing UE plugins
* Experience in AR/VR and optimizing UE solutions for performance in VR
* Experience with multi-player game and VR experiences developing using UE
* Experience with Unreal build process and packaging
* Experience with SW development processes (e.g. Agile, SCRUM, SAFe) and configuration control (e.g. Git, Perforce)
* Exposure and/or experience with Graph Database technologies
* Experience with system architectures/infrastructure and inter-process communications (e.g. Web Sockets, UDP, DDS ... etc.)
* Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role. SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources. Must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD issued Security Clearance. Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment with core hours from 9am to 3pm, every other Friday off, and potential for some remote work-from-home. Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster. PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. Position Type Regular CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted. Equal Employment Opportunity At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception. As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team. At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age. The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.