|Date Posted||October 1, 2021|
At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), our goal is to explore, innovate and design novel interfaces and hardware subsystems for the next generation of virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences. Graphics performance is a fundamental driver of both user interaction and form factor for every computing platform. Our team has the opportunity and responsibility to research/explore/define this for the next computing platform (XR), which has the most aggressive targets for both realism and power consumption. Fortunately, we have the resources of Facebook behind us, an amazing team of industry leading researchers and engineers, and the freedom/mandate to work across the stack however we see fit.We are looking for a skilled and motivated Silicon Digital Design and Verification Manager to join, lead, and grow our Graphics Digital Design & Design Verification Team, whose mission is to support custom silicon design for next-generation graphic processing units. You will hire and lead engineers who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, are able to drive a concept into a design, and tolerate a high degree of ambiguity. You’ll be called upon to provide technical leadership towards the goals of research IP simulation & test chip development, and people management and support for your team.
- Partner with graphics researchers and silicon designers on IP development and implementation.
- Build, nurture and lead a healthy team by providing guidance, mentorship and support to digital design engineers.
- Perform architectural, design and RTL reviews that improve and enable more efficient and effective research.
- Understands system HW/SW/FW component as a whole and drives test execution and debug with cross functional teams.
- Collaborate in a diverse team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to effectively deliver silicon solutions.
- Provide assignments, direction and manage priorities for team members.
- Recruit top talent and develop key relationships with design service providers.
- BS degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience managing digital design and/or design verification engineers.
- 5+ years experience designing silicon solutions and IP.
- Experience influencing design, DV and Post-Silicon validation teams.
- Experience working independently and managing priorities.
- Experience in building silicon validation infrastructure and test automation.
- Demonstrates aptitude for creative problem solving.
- Knowledge of ASIC design flow, silicon foundry test flow, and silicon FW development process.
- Knowledge and experience in pre-silicon validation platforms (i.e. FPGA and emulation).
- Experience with low power design and optimization.
- Experience with design synthesis and timing optimization.
- Experience in SoC/GPU design, execution and ASIC architecture.
- Familiarity with low power graphics platform solution.
- Experience with VR/AR systems or wearable technologies.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].