|Location||San Antonio, TX|
|Date Posted||June 19, 2021|
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of our OptumCare Technology team, as a Senior VMWare Engineer, you will play a significant part in supporting virtual servers, various storage solutions and virtual desktop infrastructure. You will support product(s) such as VMware Horizon, vSphere and VMware ESXi. The nature of this role is management of the virtual server & desktop environment, implementation of automated provisioning, and maintenance of the Hyperconverged infrastructure. You will interact with other teams such as Database, Application Development, and Compliance and individuals in roles such as Solutions Architect, Data Scientist and Data Engineer.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in Systems Engineering initiatives and projects consisting of installation, configuration and troubleshooting efforts. Provide feedback on project status, milestones, and risks
- Manage multiple priorities and projects
- Conduct implementations, conversions, and upgrades in a manner consistent with Standard Operating Procedures within company maintenance windows; including change management procedures
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, project managers, and stakeholders.
- Author technical documentation such as systems and data center diagrams
- Work closely with vendors on implementation of products and services
- Ensure security and operational standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with UHG IT compliance requirements, HIPPA standards, and industry best practices
- Perform risk analysis to identify IT security issues and remediating plans. Identify and / or mitigate operational risks where appropriate
- Develop a deep end-to-end understanding of data strategy, structure and overall use within the business
- Collaborate with project stakeholders and technical teams, communicate proficiently to share the information from the above point and also regarding enhancements, changes, issues and defects that may impact data, workflow and/or functionality
- Drive completion of projects and initiatives, follow through on execution of strategies and demonstrate ability to stay the course despite obstacles
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with standard operating policies and procedures
- Drive root cause analysis and long-term solution for critical and high impact data processing issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of VMware ESXi, vSphere, SRM, vRealize Operations, Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with multiple storage technologies, interfaces, and data protection / disaster-recovery including at least one of the following: SAN, NAS, or Object Store
- 5+ years of experience with Server & Desktop Virtualization
- 5+ years of experience in IT Solution Design and Delivery
- 3+ years of VMware Horizon
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 2+ years of experience with Software Defined Storage solutions
- Health care industry experience
- Experience with Hyper convergence technology
- Experience with storage fabric technology
- Experience working in hybrid-cloud scenarios
- Intermediate PowerShell knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal skills with the ability to create and maintain strong relationships with members of cross departmental teams and department team members
- Detailed understanding of storage performance, high availability, resilience, and business continuity
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior VMWare Engineer, VMWare, SAN, NAS, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH