|Date Posted||September 15, 2021|
Location: Orlando, FL
SENIOR VISUAL ENGINEER
The Senior Visual Engineer primarily involves primarily the application of knowledge of: fundamentals and principles of professional engineering as applied to visual display systems; computer hardware, systems software, and computer system architecture and integration for 3D visual rendering; and geospatial data collection, processing, storage and formatting for use in modeling and simulation or gaming systems.
- Research, design, development, testing, evaluation, and maintenance of visual rendering and display hardware and associated software systems in an integrated manner.
- Plan and execute complex, multi-faceted projects within established financial and time constraints.
- Evaluate computer technology to meet requirements of scene generation with respect to frame rate, memory and disk space.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of the application of current visual systems technology including terrain databases, image generators, gaming-based rendering engines and various display systems to include Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), and Mixed Reality (MR) that is related to the design of electronic computer-based simulation or training systems equipment.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and software engineering processes.
- Knowledge of systems engineering techniques to include requirements analysis and design methodologies.
- Knowledge of current modeling and simulation principles, techniques and processes.
- In depth knowledge of geographic information systems and the use of mapping, charting, geodesy, and imagery source data.
- In depth knowledge of imagery-based and point cloud data collection and processing, to include photogrammetry and associated feature extraction, segmentation, classification and attribution.
- In depth knowledge of terrain data base modeling systems and terrain data base formats for visual/sensor simulation.
- Expertise in methods of real-time visual scene generation which supports un-programmed motion of the viewpoint throughout a complex and often highly detailed three-dimensional simulated visual/sensor environment.
- Expertise in the application of real-time display systems including, LCD/LED/plasma panel displays, video projection systems, optical viewing devices, projection screens, servo projection systems and helmet mounted displays, and all methods of effectively combining these into visual display systems suitable for training.
- Expertise in military training systems and general training simulation technology.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Some travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities