|January 12, 2023
Are you passionate about making a change in healthcare? Are you driven by innovation? Are you looking for an environment that you can have fun, be you and be a part of an amazing culture while still driving change and innovation? Then Osso VR is the place for you!
Osso VR is the leading virtual reality surgical training and assessment platform. Our technology is being used by the top medical device companies to train thousands of surgeons, on dozens of the latest surgical techniques, in over twenty countries around the world. Our mission is to improve patient outcomes through better training and assessment, increase the adoption of higher value medical technology, and democratize access to the latest surgical techniques globally.
While we are extremely proud of the work we do, we are just as excited and proud of our team members and culture! Since the beginning of Osso VR we have been a 100% remote company and feel as though we have perfected the way we can communicate, engage, and interact with each other even though our team is, quite literally, all over the map! At Osso VR we believe that the work we do, and your personal life are both equally important to make dreams happen. We are inspired to dream big, drive innovation, and deliver while still finding a way to have fun at the same time!
We are excited to welcome new & diverse team members to our growing team. Our Engineering department is led by award winning developers from companies such as Disney, Universal, Relic, Electronic Arts, CCP Midway, AMD, and Motorola. Our team has decades of experience creating award winning gaming and VR training experiences.
At Osso VR, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace where you can be authentically you! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job description. With that in mind, we encourage you to apply to the role if you're excited about the opportunity. Even if you do not align with every qualification, you may still be the right candidate for the position or other open roles within the company!
You will work on innovative VR features, improvements, and development tools for the most recognized VR surgical training platform in the world. You will be mentored by the best simulation experts in VR and will in turn mentor others. You'll collaborate with leads across departments to level up the VR experience for our end users and internal developers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Simulating hard surface and organic interactions within an operating room
- Simulating precision skills such as placements and angles of instruments
- Working closely with our team of medical illustrators and subject matter experts to accurately simulate real surgical techniques and effectively teach essential knowledge
- Developing tools and workflows for content creators to easily perform complex tasks
- Optimizing performance on Oculus Quest 2 and other target platforms
What You'll Need To Be Successful:
- Have a BS in CS or equivalent experience (5+yrs)
- Have capability with C#, C++ or a similar OO language
- Can perform coding and development tasks efficiently
- Are comfortable working on a fully remote team
- Are able to spend significant time in VR headsets without discomfort
- Are willing and able to view graphic surgical content as needed
- VR development experience using Unity
- Oculus Quest development experience
- Demonstrated capability with game or sim development
Our commitment to diversity
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of our team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives.